Chapter Twenty-Five: Dreams of Carnage

Start from the beginning

Egon suspected Cecilia and her brother were still tending to Theresa.

"What's wro..." But Egon's words were swallowed by the air as he noticed Nassar's lifeless body of the ground.

A glowing green elixir, clutched in one hand the other covered in a coat of crimson, a blood stained knife a few inches away from his persona.

"He sacrificed himself, for all of us..." Rolland spoke up. "He drained his life source as the final ingredient."

"Tomorrow we will launched our attack on Vestomer, that mean you have barley a day to prepare..."

Everyone's heads were dropped and not meeting each other's eyes, because Nassar scarifies was so surreal, he took his life to save his species.

"Theresa's wound was not as severe as we first believed, she'll be ready to fight tomorrow...She doesn't yet know of Nassar's sacrifice and I'd like to be the one to tell her. As for our plan for tomorrow, Egon will sneak us into Magur and we will overtake the kingdom, we leave tonight so we will arrive by tomorrow."          

"Me? How am I supposed to sneak everyone in?" Egon asked.

"My boy, do you not know the full extent of your powers?" Rolland asked.

"Umm I can bend light..."

"You can do so much more than that...Light is around everyone and everything, and if you bend it just right, you can counsel us from sight."

"So you're saying I can turn things invisible?" Egon asked.

"That is exactly what I'm saying."

"But why risk sneaking in at all?" Lilith asked.

"I'm afraid it's not a choice, the potion can only open the prison from where the prison was created..." Rolland said.

"In Vestomer's bloody chambers..." Mace sighed.

"Yes my boy, sadly, but that will not stop us. We will have troops set up outside the castle, ready to attack, and once we have saved the Magic Born, the real battle for Magur begins..."

***

Egon was outside his tent focusing on a crate of apples, desperately trying to turn them invisible.

His hands were extended and luminous strands of light were flowing towards the box. They incased the crate in a glossing glow of brightness and then shimmered, flickering the visibility of the box in and out of focus.

Egon roared in outrage and throw his hands to his side. In his fit of frustration rays of searing light erupted from his body exploding the crate he was working with.

"Perfect!" He barked in anger.

"Well you'll never get it down with that attitude." Ceridwen stood behind him, arms crossed, with a smirk resting on her face.

"Easy for you to say, the lives of everyone and the outcome of the battle doesn't rest of your shoulders..." Egon dropped his head.

"And that doesn't rest on your shoulders either..."

"Yes it does! If I can't figure out how to turn us invisible by tomorrow, there is NO possibility of everyone getting past the guards..." 

Ceridwen brushed her fingers through Egon's hair. "Listen, you can do this, but the outcome of the battle is on everyone. Just focus and you'll learn it in no time."

Egon's irises began to sparkle, and he closed his eyes, leaning in to kiss Ceridwen. But before their lips could touch Ceridwen yelped.

"Egon look!"