14. She bought a book for me?!

Start from the beginning

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What are we going to do now?"

Hermione and Draco were still lying next to each other in his bed. It was halfway through the morning already and wouldn't it be time she told Harry what had happened to her? He would probably worry about her having just vanished during the night.

He took a deep, contented breath and twirled one of her locks around his finger.

"Do you want to have breakfast in bed?"

She look at him. Smiling. She never had breakfast in bed. Not when she wasn't ill that was.

"I would love to."

"You will have to eat what my elves are preparing though."

There was a guarded look on his face. He knew about her house elf liberation efforts.

"I hope you tread them better than Dobby was treated."

He smiled a bit embarrassed.

"I don't pay them."

A stern looked started to appear on her face. He laughed.

"I tried! Believe me, I tried my best, but I had to settle for them just getting new clothes every Christmas."

"Oh."

"What would you like?"

"Tea."

"Okay, tea. What do you want to eat?"

"Where is the near nearest bathroom?"

"...?"

What did she need a bathroom for when he wanted to know what she wanted to eat?

"I don't understand."

"Just in case I am going to be sick." She blushed. "I do that a lot..."

"Oh..."

Then he remember the note. She was sick all the time according to it.

"You have... morning sickness?"

He felt silly, but he didn't have much a clue about what happened when a girl got pregnant. Luckily for him that had never come up in the past. He had been way to careful. He knew about the fun before, but when it had actually happened... He had to confess to be nearly totally ignorant about it.

She saw him blushing.

"What, Draco? It's just I can't help it. No need for you to be embarrassed about it."

He caressed her cheek.

"I have to make a confession."

She could hear, that something was bothering him. She smiled at him encouragingly.

"I have no idea about the... mechanics of pregnancy."

She laughed.

"Don't worry. I have been reading up on it."

He laughed with her.

"Trust you to consult a book!"

"At least I know." She said pretending to be affronted. Her eyes sparkling.

"You'll have to tell me all about it then. I need to know as well."

She leant closer, her face only inches away from his.

"I'll teach you everything you need to know. Thought maybe we should start at the beginning..."

"The beginning?"

What was she talking about now? Was she smirking at him? His eyes went wide as he suddenly felt one of her hands reaching for him.

"Oh...?"

She kissed him. He didn't waste any time to grab her. She squealed in delight as he pulled her against his body.

"Maybe I should show you about the beginning."

He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

"Would you do that for me?"

"I would anything for you."

He kissed her, low, soft and with his heart bursting of joy and love to have her with him. His hands were starting to explore and rediscover her delightful body. Had it really been two long month since he had last felt her this close?

She suddenly struggled free.

"What...?"

"Bathroom!"

He pointed to one of the doors across from the bed. She threw the covers of hastily and run for it. He sat up and watch her disappear. The sounds coming from the room explained to him in no uncertain terms as to why she had fled the bed so suddenly.

He was a bit horrified. She didn't seem to have that much warning time before it happened. Remembering what he had overheard in fifth year that poor seventh year had been sick all the time, was his girl the same? If this was the case, he would have to make sure he took extra care of her!

She resurfaced a few minutes later. Looking pale and drained.

"Are you okay?"

She nodded as she climbed back onto the bed. He tenderly smoothed his thumb over her cheek.

"I am sorry." He whispered.

She looked surprised.

"What for?"

"For getting you... making you..."

She smiled.

"It's not going to last for the whole time."

He let out a sigh of relieve.

"If we are lucky it'll be over in four to six weeks."

"Really?"

"It's only effecting women during the first trimester."

"Trimester?"

He felt like an utter idiot.

"Hermione, I haven't got a clue about any of this. I feel really silly! I am going to be a father and I haven't got any idea about it! None at all."

She kissed him.

"Don't worry. I got a..."

"...book."

He grinned.

"Yes. That was written for the father-to-be to read."

He looked at her.

"Why do you have a book like that?"

She blushed. Trying to avert his gaze.

"Well?"

"I didn't know, how much you knew and so I thought..."

"You bought it for me?"

She nodded. He was stunned. He could only imagine what she had to go through the last two month and she still had thought about him possibly not knowing. She had been thinking of him. He felt his heart melting. She was such an amazing witch. And she was his witch!

"I think, we skip the lessons for the moment and try some breakfast."

He hesitated. She had just been sick. Did she actually want to eat anything?

"Do you feel like eating?" 

"If I wouldn't eat because I feel on the verge of nausea, I would starve."

"That bad, hm?"

"Sometimes. It's there all the time. If I just forget about it or try to in any case, I can eat. Just not everything all the time."

"What do you feel like right now?"

"I could murder a bacon roll."

She grinned. He joint in.

"Janas."

A house elf appeared with the usual -pop-

"Master?"

"Janas, this is Miss Hermione. She is going to be here with us from now on."

"Yes, Master."

She bowed before Hermione.

"Miss Hermione."

"Janas."

"Please bring us a large pot of tea." He turned to the witch next to him. "How many rolls to you want?"

"Two, please."

"Two bacon rolls for Hermione and I want scrambled egg with bacon and shallots."

"Yes, Master."

-pop- and she was gone.

"She is wearing a tea cosy as dress?"

Draco shrugged.

"It's her favourite." He smirked. "Who am I to disagree with the fashion choice of a female? Even if it is my house elf."

She laughed and hit him with a pillow.

"Oi!"

He got hold of her hand and wrestled the pillow from her. Only to find that she managed to grab another one, which was now aimed at him. He got in first and they had a pillow fight, while moving dangerously to the edge of the bed. Another hit from Hermione and Draco lost his balance, resulting in him falling of the bed and landing on the floor with a loud -thud-.

"AW!"

She looked over the edge with a worried face.

"Are you okay?"

He was rubbing his behind.

"Remind me to get some really blush rugs all around the bed."

Hermione laughed.

"Why? Are you going to sleep on the floor? What a gentleman! Leaving the whole bed to me."

"What?"

He was up, back onto the bed and was beside her before she could move back. He pinned her body down with his own.

"Maybe I need to teach you some things after all..." He smirked.

"Like what?" A mock look on defiance on her face.

"Like that you'll sleep where ever I happen to sleep from now on. So, if I sleep on the rug..."

"Oh, but you wouldn't let a helpless girl sleep on the floor, would you?"

Mischief was dancing in his eyes.

"No, I would never do that to a helpless girl."

His lips brushed over hers.

"But then, you are not helpless. Never have been, never will be."

His lips were lingering a bit longer this time.

"You are strong, resourceful, clever. All reasons why I love you."

He kissed her . Lightly, but with the promise of more to come.

"I love you for what and who you are, Hermione. I always will."