Imagine #32: Avengers? Idk

It's cold outside. Like, "FREEZING MY HAIR OFF" type of cold, you're alone, and it's christmas. Any normal person would have reacted strongly, but you didn't. Unfortunately this was all too normal for you.

Everyone else seems so... Happy. You're just sitting in your apartment, contemplating what the rest of your tiny, unimportant existence would be like. But something tells you to go outside, enjoy the snow, feel the cold air. You grab your coat and trot down to the New York street, which was absolutely deserted other then a man walking, but he was too far away to see.

You pick up a handful of snow and form a messy sphere, throwing it up into the air, and letting it fall back to the ground with a soft pat. You walk on slightly. After doing this again, you sit down on a bench and look around. The colors and lights are astonishing, and even if all of this is magnificent, you still despise Christmas because it was the day you lost everything. The day Hydra stole everything you loved.

It was 7 years ago tomorrow. You and all of your family were celebrating Christmas, and it was so happy. You left to your house to get some more eggnog for everyone, and when you came back, someone had ransacked your house. Everyone was dead. No prisoners. You knew it must be Hydra, Because you worked for them a while but then forcefully quit, seemingly endangering everyone you loved. You hated Christmas.

It started out a couple of tears, but escalated severely. You hated your tears. You didn't want to feel this emptiness inside. You didn't want to be all alone anymore.

You feel someone's hand touch your shoulder, but you shy away from it. When you turn to look, the man who was walking earlier was here, and you could get a much better look at him. He had blue eyes, blond hair that he parted in a 40's soldier manner and he looked buff. Like, 30,000-teenage-girls-swooning buff, not to mention a smile that melted your heart.

Well, actually in your case, put it back together.

"Hi, I was just wondering why you were alone? I mean, it is Christmas eve." He asked you warmly.

"Well, you should be asking yourself that question." You sniffled and wiped your face with your sleeve.

"Oh, I'm on my way to a Christmas party. And I was actually wondering..." He hesitated slightly. "Would you like to come?"

You were surprised by the sudden asking, and smiled. "I would love to." You say.

"Great." He smiled back, and then extended his arm for you to take. "Ma'am?"

You take his arm, and now realized how much taller he was then you.

Damn these tall people... (This is a really diverse and out of character reference for me I'm sorry)

"If I may ask, what's your name?" You ask him.

He smiles. "Steve Rodgers. But you can just call me Steve. And may I know your name?"

You pause slightly on hearing his name. It was vaguely familiar, but you brush it off and just tell him your first name.

"And where is this Christmas party?" You ask him.

"That building right there." He said, pointing to what seemed Stark tower. That can't be right, maybe he was pointing to the building over. You two hit it off, talked and talked, and walked to... Stark Tower. This guy must just be a friend Stark doesn't pay attention to, you try to reassure yourself.

"Ma'am, after you." Steve said politely. You replied with a thank you and walked inside, looking around. Steve led you up to where the party was happening, and you were really scared. You recognized a lot of these people

They were superheroes. 

And you're an ex-hydra agent.

This is bad.

You start to feel slightly queasy, and cross your arms over your chest, looking at the floor. You don't want to be noticed at all. When you finally look up, your heart stops. It's the Winter Soldier.

You had worked in that division. You had sedated him and wiped his memories, but you weren't proud of it, And he was staring at you with all of the hate he could possibly muster. He couldn't possibly remember you... Right?

Nope. Wrong wrong wrong.

The Winter Soldier speed walks towards you, gaining a look or two. He pins you against a wall with his metal hand around your neck everyone is now looking at you and The Winter Soldier, but you're too concerned with not being killed by him.

"What are you doing here." He growls out. You attempt to pry his fingers of of your neck, but his metal arm is too strong.

"I said, what are you doing here?!" He growls again. You look at him, trying to make him realize you can't talk, let alone breathe. He loosens his grip, but stays unmoving from his angry glare, waiting for an answer.

"Erm, h-he brought me." You say and then gulp. Bucky turns to glare at Steve, who looks surprised and slightly crestfallen. Why did he have to look at you like that?

"Bucky, why are you choking her, who is she?" Who you think is Tony Stark says from behind.

"She's a Hydra agent." He growls. You look into his eyes. You can't tell him you aren't anymore, why should he believe you? You just possibly lost your freedom and your life.

And before you can do anything, your vision fades to black.

Comment if you want a part two or whatever. Cya void.