"What happened with Nate Miss Arabella? He loves you, I know it, the crew knows it. You were alone when you found me though?" he asks quietly, almost like he's afraid to ask me.

I sigh, and look at Thomas once again, meeting his gaze."He was... I saw him with Sara, and they were all close, looking at what looked like some jewelry in a small box. Sara looked all excited yelling how beautiful it is, whatever they were looking at." I tell him, trying to hold back the tears as I remember what I saw. "I couldn't go over there once I saw that, but I knocked over a chair as I ran, and I heard Nathan call out to me, but I couldn't go back Thomas, I just couldn't face him after seeing him like that with her." I admit, sobbing, as the tears start to fall down my face.

Thomas looks at me, a serious look on his face, different from his usual cheerful demeanor."I'm so sorry Miss Arabella." he murmurs quietly. "Maybe you misunderstood?"

I shake my head."I don't think so. It's possible... but if you could have seen them... I don't know." I admit, shrugging.

"I'm not saying you're wrong, but it's just we all saw how much he cares for you, so I don't think he would replace you, or change his feelings so easily." he says.

"Maybe." I answer, as I duck my head, awkwardly wiping my tears on my shirt. Yea this no using hands thing sucks..."Anyway, that necklace they were trying to take from you... it's special right? That's why you wouldn't give it up?" I ask, changing the subject.

He smiles."Yes, it was a gift from my father, who passed away years ago. One of the few things I have left of him." he tells me quietly, smiling gently.

"I know how that is... this coat was my dads... my weapons were my parents as well...." I tell him, nodding. "I understand why you wouldn't give in, I wouldn't have either." I add, and shifting so I lean against the wall in my cell, but still close to the door. It hurt leaning against the bars of the door too long...

"So what could we get for weapons?" Thomas asks, changing the subject once again.

I shrug."Maybe utensils? When and if they ever bring us food in this hellhole."

"I would think they have to feed us." Thomas chirps.

"Maybe. Who knows. If they do, try and keep some of it. Even if it's just a spoon, or hell, even if they give us plastic utensils. Whatever we can get our hands on. If it's not sharp, keep it anyway, I could charge it and use it." I tell him, as I lean back, looking up at the ceiling.

"Will do. So about getting untied?" he asks

"That, is up to you. Whatever method works for you. I have a few different ways, They tied us pretty tight though, so I'm gonna try the whole 'slipping through my arms and bringing my hands in front of me thing', but that sometimes isn't easy, and it hurts your shoulders, especially the joints." I tell him, shrugging.

"Uh okay... I haven't really seen that done, and am kind of having a hard time picturing it to be honest." He tells me shyly.

"I can show you. Plus maybe after I can reach and untie you, because I really don't recommend doing it, it can hurt. I've popped my shoulder outta place doin' it before." I admit, shrugging.

"Uh okay." he answers.

I nod, then scoot back, to the middle of my cell. Shit, I know this is gonna hurt, I can do it, but it's gonna hurt, and my bones are gonna make a lot of popping noises.. I shudder, just thinking about it. I extend my arms behind me, pointing my shoulders back, as far as they can. I see Thomas watching me, and I smile, trying to reassure him. I make my hands touch the ground, still keeping my shoulders back.

I quickly thrust all of my weight forward, lifting my ass up, and bringing my hands underneath me, so I end up sitting on my hands. I wince, feeling my wrist pop, and my knuckles scraping the ground, and hear more popping sounds from my hands. Shit. I bend my knees, planting my feet flat in front of me, and slowly moves my hands forward, so I'm finally not sitting on them, but they are grazing the bottom of my ass, underneath my legs. "Fuck" I exclaim, as my shoulders pop painfully, and I grit my teeth.

I slowly bring my right leg towards myself, crossing my foot over my left left leg, keeping my right leg at an angle. I bring my hands forward a little, and finally touch my foot with my hand. I put my foot on top of my hands, and feel pain shoot up my shoulders, and hear more popping noises from my shoulder, and wrist. I slip my foot underneath my bound hands, then slowly slide my leg down underneath my hands. I stop, taking a deep breath, before I repeat the process with my other leg.

Briefly, after more pain and popping noises, and a few curse words later, I finally have my hands in front of me. I look at Thomas, and he looks a mixture of shock and surprise, but he grins at me."Wow Miss Arabella, neat trick."

"Shit Thomas, not gonna lie, that kinda fucking hurt, and I only do that when I have to." I tell him, laughing."Honestly I'm just glad I didn't break anything.. bones are not meant to be tested that way." I add, still laughing. I bring my bound hands to my mouth, pulling at the rope with my teeth, as I slowly undo the knots. I finally can move my hands, and test it by clenching and unclenching my fist.

I smile, then get up, go to my door, and reach through as far as I can, having Thomas turn around, and stick his hands through the bars as far as he can. I quickly untie him, then go back to leaning on the wall, next to my door. "Thomas, don't let them see that. When they drop food, just put your hands behind your back, and lean against the wall, hiding your hands okay? Only move forward when they walk away." I say, reminding him that we don't want it known we're untied.

"Okay Miss Arabella." he answers, and I nod.

"Alright, we've done all we can today, lets get some sleep." I tell him, going over to the small cot in my cell. I slowly drift off in the cold cell, some part of me still hoping the crew will come save us.

The next day, we wake up, and wait for food. How they expect people to eat with their hands tied is beyond me, or they just don't care. Or they figure we will untie ourselves, who knows. They hate pirates, so they probably don't care.

"Breakfast." I hear an officer announce. "Those who haven't already untied themselves come by the door, I'll cut your ropes." They add. Huh. Maybe they do care, or know we can't eat otherwise. Damn it, I went through all that effort, when they would have undid it for me. Oh well. It's not smart to leave us untied, but I'm not complaining. I am pissed I did all that for nothing though...

As I suspected, we get plastic spoons. I hide mine in my shirt, and Thomas does the same. By time dinner rolls around we have quite the collection of plastic utensils. "You all will be taken to the gallows tomorrow" One of the officers announces, sneering at us. Shit that soon?

I wait till the officers leave. "Well Thomas, ready or not, tomorrow is our day, fight with all we've got okay?" I tell him, as we get ready to sleep on our cold cots once again.

"Alright Miss Arabella." he answers quietly, and I drift off once again, trying to calm down before tomorrow.