Riding Addie

After we woke up that morning I was ready to go back to the barn! Right before we left the barn last night Missy said that Jewels could give me a lesson on one of her horses named Addie-Rose! I was so excited! Jewels showed me how to tack up. She taught me how you use the curry Comb to go in circles around their fur to lift the dust. The stuff brush or dandy brush is for when you are ready to flick all of the dirt off. The soft brush or finishing brush is for when you are ready to polish them off and make them look shiny. The Mane and Tail brush is for when you are well ready to brush the mane and tail. But Jewels told me not to brush out her tail with that brush because it would rip it out so I just brush it out with the dandy. The hoof pick is to pick out their hoofs. When Addie was all ready she had me saddle up. First we put on a square Roma pad and then a white half pad. We then put the saddle on and put the girth on. After that we put the bridle on and I went and got my helmet. I was so excited! Jewels got the lunge line out and said "Are you ready?" I said "YES!" And she laughed. I got on. This was my first ride ever. Addie is a 16.2 hand quarter horse paint mare. She is a Chestnut color with two hind socks and the front right has a sock. She also has a blaze. Her muzzle is more gray looking.

Hi guys! So the horse I was talking about is a real horse. The picture is a picture of my baby boy girl! She is at Windhaven Farm in Raymond, NH, 03077. I love her so much! The highest I have ever jumped with her was 2'3" she gets the job done! I will update more about how Clyde thought she felt!

Xoxo,
Alayna