8 ; christmas eve

Depuis le début

"He asked if we were, um, together, and so I, uh told him, you kissed me, and then he just assumed that you should have been called Uncle, that's all." the tanned boy explained, letting out odd and awkward chuckles to punctuate his sentence.

"But you said that you wanna marr-"

"Why don't you go and put the present you made for Unc- Michael under the tree, okay?" Calum said, gently pushing the small boy away, and towards the Christmas tree.

So that just left Michael and Calum, alone with a slightly awkward aura around them.

But of course, a certain person was there to break it off.

"I've never actually gotton to introduce myself properly, so hello." Luke said with a smile way too big, that it almost looked fake.

Calum shook the blonde's hand with a soft smile, as Ashton walked beside his boyfriend.

"So, how do you guys know each other?" Michael asked the short Aussie boy, genuinely curious.

"We met in high school." Ashton explained, and Michael nodded along.

"He helped me out with some people that would pick on me for my clothes." Calum grinned, and Luke gasped.

"That's so sweet! Oh my god, Ashy!" he called out, and immediately hugging Ashton tightly, which took Ashton by surprise a little.

The red head stood beside the two lovebirds awkwardly, rocking back and forth on the heels of his boots, trying his best to think of a way to break the two up.

"Um." he coughed. "How about we open up some presents?!" he cheered, and of course, Luke broke off from Ashton, and jumped up and down eagerly.

"Yes, come on!" the blonde gave off a bright smile, joining hands with Ashton, and then joining Michael and Calum's hands.

He took hold of Michael's hand, dragging him towards the tree, and dragging Ashton with the other hand, but no one noticed the unnecessary blush that had painted over Calum and Michael's cheeks.

* °.• *

The pairs were scattered around the tree, Luke sitting crossed legged on the carpet, Ashton sitting behind him on the couch, as Michael and Calum sat beside each other on the other side of the sofa.

"Ok, ok! My presents first!" Luke yelled loudly, clapping his hands like a little kid.

"Alrighty then." Ashton chuckled at his over excited boyfriend. He grabbed his present to Luke, Michael doing the same.

The blonde teared the wrapping paper, a little too aggressively, but as soon as he saw the box he started shrieking excitedly.

He bolted up, jumping on his boyfriend, and hugging him happily.

"Thank you, Ashy!"

Ashton hugged back with a laugh. "You're welcome, Luke."

"Ok! My present now!" Michael spoke up, to try and break apart the very clingy couple.

He handed the blonde the wrapped box, and before he could open it, he quickly added something.

"By the way, Calum helped me pick it out, so I guess it's from both of us." he said, flashing a small smile at Calum, and the kiwi boy copying.

Luke smiled, showing off his teeth, and this time, he opened it much more carefully.

His blue eyes were flooded with happiness, as he gazed over the box. "You did not!"