8 ; christmas eve

It was finally Christmas, and it was probably the happiest Michael had seen Luke in a while.

He was rushing around the house, preparing and pretty-fying the tree, making sure everything was perfect.

Luke had invited Ashton over to exchange presents, and so to avoid being the third wheel, the red head had invited over Calum, who was also bringing Ryan.

But he didn't mind, Ryan was a sweet kid, and he looked up to Michael, which made the pale boy extremely confident in himself.

Calum was going to arrive soon, and Michael was trying his best to not jump up and down in joy.

This was going to be the first Christmas for Michael, where he can celebrate it with someone he could potentially become "more than friends" with.

It was obvious he had more than a crush on Calum, it was plain infatuation, and he was happy that he didn't have to torture himself with Lashton.

Now he could just distract himself, and talk to Calum.

The two flatmates heard a knock on the door, and immediately quirked up, rushing as quick as they could to the sitting room.

"Move, it's Ashton!" Luke yelled, shoving Michael away from the front door.

"No! It's Calum, he texted me he was in the lift thirty seconds ago!" the red head shot back, using all his force to move his friend away from him.

Luke huffed, and quickly fixed his hair, as he let his friend open the door. He stood right beside him, ready to yell a told you so in his face, but that wasn't at all what happened.

"That's honestly hilarious." Ashton's voice spoke, as a very familiar high pitched giggle accompanied him.

Michael's green eyes, and Luke's blue ones widened, as they stood at the door with an agape mouth of surprise.

"Luke, you didn't tell me you knew Calum!" the curly haired Aussie grinned, pointing over at the chuckling raven haired.

"Yeah, Mikey, you never told me Ashton was dating Luke." Calum said, directly after Ashton.

The two made their way in, Luke and Michael sending each other a look of pure confusion, before meeting up with their other half, puzzlement still following them.

The red head walked up to the Kiwi, searching his surroundings.

"Hey, where's Ry?"

Calum raised his eyebrows, and looked behind him. "He was literally behind me, like a second ago."

"Peek-a-boo!"

The two looked over at the small bundle of black curls that jumped up from behind the large Christmas tree, giggles erupting out of him.

"Ry! Don't scare me like that!" Calum said, indicating for the small boy to come over to him, so that he could cuddle him.

"Uncle Mikey!"

The red head's eyes enlarged, as he looked down at Ryan, who had the most innocent of smiles on him.

His green eyes looked back at the raven haired stood in front of him, who wasn't doing the best as hiding his blush.

"Uncle Mikey?" he asked, and Ryan nodded eagerly with a flash of teeth.

"Yeah! Auntie Cal said that I should call you Uncle Mikey, because you two kissed, and kissing means you're his boyfriend!"

Michael's eyes shuffled around the room, a blush coating his cheeks. He let out a fake cough to clear his throat.

"I - uh, that's - thats not what I said." Calum stuttered, clearly flustered. He crouched down to Ryan's height, and pretended to fix the boy's hair up.