"That's what we're trying to find out. Now, during the attack, do you remember...did you have any direct contact with their blood?" Dr Lee asks.

      "Oh my God. You don't think I've got this virus, do you?" Beverly asks.

      "Beverly, I don't know what to think. But with your permission, we'll take a blood Sample." Lee says.

      Beverly nods and lays her hand gently on Dr. Lee's. Suddenly she grabs Dr. Lee's wrist and yells in rage, lashing out with her other hand. Sam advances on her and she tosses him against a glass cabinet, which shatters.

     "Sam!" Elena yells.

      Beverly picks up a scalpel as he takes a fire extinguisher from the wall; she advances on him, still yelling. He knocks her out.

TOWN ROAD
[ ☼ ]

      Dean is driving back into town. Mark steps into his path brandishing a rifle, and he stops the car. "Hands where I can see 'em!" Mark yells.

      "Okay!" Dean yells.

      "Get out of the car! Out of the car!"

      Dean opens the door and getting out slowly. "All right, easy there, big guy." As he stands, Dean pulls out a handgun and points it at Mark. "All right, put it down!"

      "Lower it now!" Mark yells.

      "Put it down!"

      "Are you one of 'em?" Mark asks.

      "No! Are you?" Dean asks.

      "No!"

      "You could be lying!"

      "So could you!"

      "All right! All right. We could do this all day, all right? Let's just uh, let's take it easy before we kill each other." Dean says.

      Mark relaxes slightly. "What's going on with everybody?" He asks.

      "I don't know." Dean says truthfully.

      "My neighbor...Mr. Rogers, he—" Mark starts.

      "You've got a neighbor named Mr. Rogers?" Dean asks.

      "Not anymore." Dean shakes his head. "He came at me with a hatchet. I put him down. He's not the only one, I mean, it's happening to everyone." Mark says.

      "I'm heading over to the Doc's place, there's still some people left." Dean says.

      "No, no way. I'm getting the hell out." Mark says.

      "There's no way out, they got the bridge covered, come on." Dean says.

      "I don't believe you."

      "Fine, stay here, be my guest." Dean says. Mark hesitates, then changes his mind.

      He pulls out a handgun and keeps it pointed towards Dean as he gets into the passenger's side. Dean still has his gun up as well. "Well, this ought to be a relaxing drive." Dean mutters.

      Back at the clinic, Dr. Lee is again looking through the microscope. Pam huddles against the far wall. "What if we all have it? What if we all go crazy?" Pam asks.

      "You've got to stay calm. All we can do is wait. The Marshal's bringing help." Lee says.

      "I can't, I...I've got to go." Pam says.