24

( LET'S MAKE A DEAL )

CROSSROADS
[ ☾]

      Dean is placing a photo of himself in George's box of Hoodoo Magic. He buries dead center at the crossroads, scraping the dirt over it with his hands. As he stands, a beautiful young woman in a black dress appears behind him.

      "So. What brings a guy like you to a place like this?" She asks and Dean looks at her appraisingly. "You called me?"

      "I'm just glad it worked." Dean says.

      "First time?"

      "You could say that." Dean says.

      "Oh, come on now. Don't sell yourself short. I know all about you, Dean Winchester." The Demon says.

      Her eyes glow red for a moment. "So, you know who I am." Dean says.

      "I get the newsletter." She says.

      "Well, don't keep me in suspense. What have you heard?" Dean asks.

      "Well, I heard you were handsome. But you're just edible. What can I do for you, Dean?" The Demon asks.

      "Maybe we should do this in my car. Nice and private." Dean says.

      "Sounds good to me." They stroll to Dean's car.

HUDSON HOUSE
[ ☾]

      Sam is sprinkling the dust in a line before the windows, then starts making a circle of it around Evan, who stands in the middle of the room. Elena covers the other side of the room.

      "What is that stuff?" Evan asks.

      "Goofer dust." Sam says.

      "You serious?" Evan asks.

      "Yeah. 'Fraid so. Look. Believe me, don't believe me, whatever you want. Just whatever you do, stay inside the circle, all right?" Sam says and Evan nods.

      Dean and the Demon are still strolling towards the Impala. "So I was hoping we could strike a deal." Dean says.

      "That's what I do." She says.

      "I want Evan Hudson released from his contract." Dean says.

      The Demon thinks. "Hmm. So sorry, darling. That's not negotiable." It says.

      "I'll make it worth your while." Dean says.

      "Oh really? What are you offering?" The Demon asks.

      "Me."

      "Well, well, well. You'd sacrifice your life for someone else's. Like father, like son." She says and Dean eyes her warily.

      Evan is hugging himself, standing in the middle of the circle that Sam is just finishing. He shakes the bag to get out the last grains. "That's the last of it." Sam says.

      "You did know about your dad's deal, right? His life for yours? Oh, I didn't make the deal myself, but...boy, I wish I had." The Demon says.

      Dean grits his teeth and opens the passenger side door. "After you." He says.

      "Such a gentleman." As she starts to get into the car, she looks down and sees the edge of a symbol extending from below the car. "A Devil's Trap? You've got to be kidding me."