"Wasn't for cash. Oh, who knows. Maybe this place is full of babes in Princess Leia bikinis." Dean says and Sam sighs. "No, I'm just saying, this guy's got one epic bill come due. Hope at least he asked for something fun."

      They reach the landing and stop in front of apartment 4C. The floor is dusted with a fine black powder. "Look at that." Elena says.

      They crouch down, fingering it. "What is that, pepper?" Dean asks.

      The door opens to reveal George - a middle-aged man with graying hair, wearing a grimy t-shirt and open button-down. "Who the hell are you?" He asks.

      "George Darrow?" Dean asks.

      "I'm not buying anything." George says.

      He begins closing the door. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, looks like you went for the wrong shaker there. Heh. Usually when you want to keep something evil out you go for the salt." Dean says.

      "I don't know what you talkin' about." George says.

      "Talkin' about this." Dean holds up the small picture. "Tell me. You seen that Hellhound yet?"

      "Look. We want to help. Please. Just five minutes." Sam says.

      George shows them in and pours himself a glass of whisky. The studio apartment is filled with paintings, completed and half-finished, and a table holds painting supplies. "So what is that stuff out front?" Elena asks.

      They look at him blankly. "What, you guys think you know somethin' about somethin' but not Goofer dust?" George asks.

      He tosses Dean a brown sack, tied close with twine. He catches it. "Well, we know a little about a lot of things. Just enough to make us dangerous." Dean says.

      "What is it?" Sam asks.

      "Hoodoo. My grandma taught me. Keeps out demons." George says.

      "Demons we know." Dean says.

      "Well, then. Maybe it'll do you some good." George walks over to a chair. "Four minutes left."

      Dean glances at Sam, who takes the lead. "Mr. Darrow. We know you're in trouble." Sam says.

      "Yeah, that you got yourself into." Says Dean.

      "But it's not hopeless, all right? There's gotta be something we can do." Sam directs at Dean.

      "Listen. I get that you want to help. But sometimes a person makes their bed, they've just got to lie down in it. I'm the one called that demon in the first place." Says George.

      "What'd you do it for?" Elena asks.

      "I was weak. I mean, who don't want to be great? Who don't want their life to mean something?" George asks. "I just...I just never thought about the price."

      "Was it worth it?" Dean asks.

      "Hell no. 'Course, I asked for talent. Shoulda gone for fame. I'm still broke, and lonely. Just now I got this pile of paintings don't nobody want. But that wasn't the worst." George says.

      "Go on." Sam says.

      "Demon didn't leave. I never counted on that. After our deal was done the damn thing stayed at Lloyd's for a week. Just chattin'. Makin' more deals. I tried to warn folks, but, I mean who's goin' to listen to an old drunk?"

      "How many others are there?" Elena asks.

      "Uh, the architect, that Doctor lady — I kept up with them, they've been in the papers. Least they got famous." Says George.

My Wayward Son » Supernatural [2] | ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें