"Where?" Elena asks.

      "She, she was here." Ballard says.

      "Did she attack you?" Sam asks.

      "No. No, she was just like, reaching out to me. She was over there by the window." Ballard says. The window is blocked by a shelving unit. "Here, help me move this."

      "All right." Sam says.

      They shove the shelves aside, revealing the window. It is labeled from the outside: ASHLAND SUP(plies)

      "Our little mystery word." Elena mutters.

      They turn to see a shadow on the opposite wall, casting the words into clear reflection.

      "Now the extra letters make sense." Sam pulls out his EMF reader and approaches the opposite wall.

      "What is that?" Ballard asks.

      "Spirits and certain remains give off electromagnetic frequencies." Sam says and moves the meter everywhere.

      "So if Claire's body was here, that would indicate that?" Ballard asks.

      "Yeah. Well, that's the theory." Sam says.

      The EMF reader purrs as he waves it over the brick wall. He turns. Sam starts breaking through the wall with a sledgehammer.

      When he's knocked out a sizable hole, he pokes his flashlight inside. "Yeah. Yeah, there's definitely something in there." Sam starts breaking through the wall with elbows and fists. "You know? This is bothering me."

      "Well, you are digging up a corpse." Elena points out.

      "No, not that. That's, uh, that's pretty par for the course, actually." Sam says.

     "Then what?" Ballard asks.

      "It's just, I mean, no vengeful spirit I've ever tussled with wanted to be wasted, so why the hell would Claire lead us to her remains? It doesn't make any sense." He's broken open most of the wall. "All right, here. Give me a hand."

      Together, they pull out a shroud-wrapped body and place it on the ground. Sam pulls out a pocket knife and cuts the ropes holding the shroud together, uncovering her.

      Ballard holds out her wrists. "Her wrists. Yeah, they'd be bruised just like yours?" Sam says.

     Ballard notices a necklace on the corpse and touches it cautiously. "That necklace mean something to you?" Elena asks.

      "I've seen it before. It's rare. It was custom made over on Carson street." Ballard reaches into her neckline. "I have one just like it. Pete gave it to me."

      Elena thinks real hard and begins pacing. "Now this all makes perfect sense." She says.

      "I'm sorry?" Ballard asks.

      "Yeah. You see, Claire is not a vengeful spirit, she's a death omen." Elena says and Sam nods, agreeing with her.

      "Excuse me?"

      "Claire's not killing anyone. She's trying to warn them. You see, sometimes spirits, they don't want vengeance, they want justice. Which is why she led us here in the first place. She wants us to know who her killer is." Sam says. "Detective, how much do you know about your partner?"

      Ballard thinks. "Oh my god."

      "What?" Sam asks.

      "About a year ago, some heroin went missing from lockup. Obviously it was a cop. We never found out who did it. But whoever did it would need someone to fence their product." Ballard says.