Dean smiles. "Got my car, got a case, things are looking up." He says.

      "Wow. You hear a couple of severed heads and a pile of dead cows and you're Mister Sunshine." Sam says.

      "How far to Red Lodge?" Dean asks.

      "Uh, about another three hundred miles." Sam says.

      "Good." Dean steps on the gas.

SHERIFF'S OFFICE
[ ☼ ]

      In Red Lodge, a Sheriff with an impressive mustache is talking to Sam, Elena and Dean, who are posing as reporters. "The murder investigation is ongoing, and that's all I can share with the press at this time." The Sheriff says.

      "Sure, sure, we understand that, but just for the record, you found the first, uh, head last week, correct?" Elena asks.

      "Mm-hmm."

      "Okay, and the other, a uh, Christina Flanagan." Elena says.

       "That was two days ago. Is there–" A young woman knocks on the door, points at her watch. "Oh. Sorry guys, time's up, we're done here." The Sheriff says.

      "One last question." Sam says.

      "Yeah, what about the cattle?" Dean asks.

      "Excuse me?" Sheriff asks.

      "You know, the cows found dead, split open, drained...over a dozen cases." Dean says.

      "What about them?"

      "So you don't think there's a connection?" Elena asks.

       "Connection...with..." The Sheriff asks.

       Elena speaks. "First cattle mutilations, now two murders? Kinda sounds like ritual stuff."

       "You know, like satanic cult ritual stuff?" Dean asks.

       The Sheriff laughs. "You–you're not kidding." He says, now serious.

       "No." Dean says lamely.

      "Those cows aren't being mutilated. You wanna know how I know?" The Sheriff asks.

      "How?" Sam asks.

      "Because there's no such thing as cattle mutilation. Cow drops, leave it in the sun, within forty eight hours the bloat will split it open so clean it's just about surgical." The Sheriff says. "The bodily fluids fall down into the ground and get soaked up because that's what gravity does. But, hey, it could be Satan. What newspaper did you say you work for?"

      Dean thinks. "World Weekly News..." He says.

      "Weekly World News." Elena and Sam say.

      "World–" Dean starts.

      "Weekly World–" Elena corrects.

      "Weekly... I'm new." Dean says.

      The Sheriff looks at all three of them, squinting. "Get out of my office."

"