Chapter 5

Barney's Pov

It had been almost a week and a half since Barney had last seen Ferris. But in the mean time he was with the expendables trying to figure the best way into the drug base Rodica had and was currently located at. Ferris had given us a simple layout of what she remembered witch helped out quite a bit. 

His team had gone in there but just like Ferris said, it was a psychopath's mission. They had succeeded in getting Fransisco but it came with a heavy price. 

Yin was gone......

He was killed in a bomb blast the seared the skin from his body and the impact killed him. That was the one thing Barney mostly remembered. It could have been him if he had been closer since they had to maybe be 20 feet away. Barney could have saved him had he been quicker. 

The rest of the team was luckier however. The worst of the wounds was the bullet wound in Ceasers left arm but he was fine thankfully. Barney himself mostly got bruises on his chest since the bullet proof vest stop the bullets but of course left bruises.  

The plane ride back was almost stark silent after Yin's death. There was no whoops of triumph or congratulations on good kills. There was just since and the occasional moan of pain from Fransisco who they had been told to take alive. Barney sighed looking down at the plane's steering controls. The team wouldn't have another job for while. That was the one thing he was truly afraid of you know. 

Barney never was afraid of the bullets or possibility of his own death. It was the idea of getting so close to people and then when they die. The grief you felt. It was like losing a family member. And it had happened to him more than once.

When Barney landed the plane each of the team members said good bye and poor Toal Road who had been the closest to Yin looked like he was about to double over in tears. Barney patted him on the back before leaving for Tools shop. 

He sat down in his chair in front of the mirrors where Tool did his tattoos and got out his gun setting it down on the table. He ran his hands through his hair while looking in the mirror. He saw he had a new scar on his face from a pice of splinter wood that had caught the left side of his face.He must of sat there for 25 minutes when he heard the door open. He guessed it must have been Tool as he burried his face in his hands. 

" Barney?" A clear female voice rang out. 

Ferris Pov

Tool had called me to tell me that the Expendables team was back and that was quite a relief. I was beginning to get really worried. I had decided to go ahead a congratulate the team since I figured they would all be at Tools place. Although when I drove up the drive way it was eerily empty. I couldn't hear the team inside laughing or joking around with each other. 

I walked to the front door and opened it then stepped inside. I saw Barney sitting with his broad back turned to me and his face in his hands. " Barney?" I called out and saw his face turn slightly but he didn't say anything. I started walking slowly towards him " Hey, you ok?" I asked putting a hand on his shoulder but I already knew the answer. 

Barney sighed and took his hands away from his face and looked at me through the mirror. I saw the fresh scar on his face. " Yin's dead" Barney said with a masked, void emotionless voice as he looked up at me through mirror. 

I paused for a moment " I'm so sorry" I said and wrapped my arms around his chest in a comforting way, not in a slutty way, just a reassuring way. Barney looked down and I could tell he was keeping a lot of things in " I could have saved him you know, I was just 20 feet from him. " Barney told me as his voice began to crack at the end. 

" Shhhh, it's not your fault Barney. It's not your fault. Yin wouldn't want you to be unhappy ok he would want to be remembered in a happy way" I told him and layed my head on his shoulder in a friendly manner. I felt his hand large, calloused hand grab mine that was around his chest as he looked again at me through the mirror.

 I smiled softly.

 " It'll be ok".