ten

Mrs. Min threw a pillow at her sons head, who groaned as it hit him. "You need to call him and apologize, Yoongi. It's not his fault you're sensitive to a few bigots on the street."

Yoongi sat up in bed and glared at his mother. "I'm not sensitive." Lie. "I was just trying to protect Jimin from the hate." Double lie.

Mrs. Min stared at her son, seeing right through his act. "Really? And when you cried during that cancer movie and had to turn it off, that was just protecting your laptop from the film playing on it?"

"Okay, fine, maybe I'm not ready to go public I don't know." Yoongi sighed and ran his hands over his face.

"Well you know who else doesn't know? Your boyfriend, who's probably staring at his ceiling right now wondering what the hell he did wrong." Mrs. Min said. And just to push Yoongi's buttons, she added; "probably having to be consoled by his best friend."

Yoongi's eyes widened and he looked at his mother. "Namjoon. And also, he's not my boyfriend." Mrs. Min shrugged and handed Yoongi his coat. He quickly put it on and ran out the door.

He drove to Jimin's house and ran up to the door, knocking on it harshly. Mrs. Park opened the door and her eyes widened. "Yoongi, haven't seen you in a few days."

"Yeah, um, is Jimin home?" Yoongi asked. He looked down at his feet, and noticed that a familiar pair of brown boots were placed neatly next to Uri's pink tennis shoes.

"Yeah, he's upstairs." Mrs. Park said. She moved over so Yoongi could come in and he kicked his shoes off hastily before heading upstairs. He heard Jimin's weird music playing faintly from behind his door and he knocked quietly.

"Jimin?" Yoongi asked, opening the door a little. Jimin was asleep on his bed, his hair tousled and mouth open. "Cute."

Yoongi sat across the room at Jimin's desk and looked around at all the little trinkets sitting around. There were animal figurines and random patterned pencils littering the desk, and even an empty jam jar with a note taped to it, 'you got no jams – namjoon.'

"Yoongi?" Jimin asked, sitting up in bed. Yoongi spun around in the chair and had to keep himself from cooing at how cute Jimin looked. "What're you doing here?"

"I came to apologize for the other day." Yoongi said. Jimin patted the bed next to him and Yoongi sat down next to him. "So, sorry."

"Why are you apologizing? It's not your fault people are idiots." Jimin said. He reached up poked at Yoongi's cheek, grinning happily when the other boy smiled.

"Because I went about it all wrong. I should have told them off instead of separating myself from you." Yoongi shrugged and Jimin sighed, pulling Yoongi down on the bed so he could put his head on his chest.

"Okay. I can agree with you there. But I'm still tired, so you can just lay there and let me sleep on you to repay for your wrongdoing." Jimin said sleepily. Yoongi wrapped his arms around the younger boy and closed his eyes, falling asleep to the sound of Jimin's soft snores.

Jimin picked up another snow globe and inspected it closely. He shook it a few times, just to make sure the little snowflakes inside fell just right.

"Jimin, I think it's fine." Yoongi said. Jimin looked back at him and sighed. Jimin had been staring at the snow globe for at least ten minutes, and Yoongi was starting to get antsy just standing there.

"Namjoon's been my friend for so long, I just want this to be perfect, you know? I feel like he deserves the best thing because he's always been there for me." Jimin said nonchalantly. Honestly, the snow globe was for his sister, but it was fun to get a rise out of Yoongi.

"Are you trying to make me jealous?" Yoongi asked, squeezing Jimin's hand. Jimin giggled and shrugged his shoulders. Yoongi rolled his eyes at him and put his chin on his shoulder.

"So, do you know a word for horny but not in a sexual way? Like I'm excited for Christmas but I don't want to fuck a snowman. Does that make sense?" Jimin asked, turning around to face Yoongi. Yoongi bit his lip to keep himself from laughing.

"Jimin... do you mean excited?" Yoongi asked. Jimin clapped his hands and nodded.

"Yes! I am excited that is what I meant." Jimin said. He pulled Yoongi out of the store they were in and back into the crowd of shoppers.

They ran into Yoongi's manager, who was holding a bag of food court food in one hand and large drink in the other. "Yoongi," he nodded curtly. He looked at Jimin. "Yoongi's cousins boyfriend."

"Hi." Jimin said. Yoongi's manger ignored him and looked back at Yoongi.

"So, to cover the time you took off the other day, I'm going to need you to work Christmas Eve." He said. Yoongi frowned and opened his mouth to argue, but his manager had already walked away.

"But we were supposed to hang out on Christmas Eve." Yoongi frowned slightly and looked at Jimin, who was still smiling. Yoongi had noticed that Jimin was always smiling.

"That's okay, I'll just come see you at work."

"But no one even shops on Christmas Eve! This is stupid." Yoongi complained loudly, stomping his foot on the ground like a child. Jimin rolled his eyes and stood on his toes so he could whisper in Yoongi's ear.

"Exactly." Jimin said. Yoongi looked at him oddly as he tried to piece together the puzzle in his mind. Jimin just kept staring at him until Yoongi's eyes widened.

"Are you suggesting what I think you're suggesting?" Yoongi asked.

Jimin shrugged, "maybe. I guess we'll find out on Christmas Eve, won't we?" Jimin walked away from Yoongi, purposely moving his hips a little more than necessary.

"Park Jimin, you will be the death of me."