seven

The clock struck nine and Jimin was sitting on his couch, staring at the wall. Yoongi hadn't shown up, or even called him with some shitty excuse. Uri had spent hours primping him, even insisting on painting his nails, but that's where Jimin drew the line.

Uri crawled onto her brother's lap and wrapped her arms around his neck. "It's alright, he had cooties anyway."

Jimin laughed dryly and let his sister crawl all over him, trying to distract him from how upset he was. His mom walked downstairs with a laundry basket in her hand. "Jimin, back already?"

"Never left," he said. He checked his phone again, but his notifications were still blank. There was a frantic knock on the door and Uri ran to open it. Jimin got up after her and groaned, "Uri, you know you can't answer the door by yourself, it might be a--"

Yoongi stood on his doorstep, holding a sunflower. "Hi. I'm sorry." Uri backed up slowly, trying not to interfere.

"Hi. I don't care." Jimin said. He went to shut the door but Yoongi shoved his foot in the way before it shut all the way. "What?"

"At least walk with me, let me explain." Yoongi begged. Jimin sighed and opened the door enough for him to slip out. He shut it quickly behind him and looked at Yoongi expectantly. "Right, okay."

The two boys started walking down the sidewalk, Yoongi awkwardly holding the sunflower and Jimin with his hands shoved in his pockets. "When you came in with Uri today, apparently my manager was listening and he remembered that day that you said Uri was in town and so he got mad that I lied and I had to stay until close."

Jimin looked at Yoongi like he was an idiot. "Then why didn't you text me and tell me that, idiot." Realization dawns on Yoongi's face and he felt like smacking himself.

"That would have been such a good idea, why didn't I think of that." Yoongi muttered to himself. Jimin laughed and reached across Yoongi to grab ahold of the sunflower.

"Yeah, yeah it would have been." The boys turned into the park and headed towards the swings. Yoongi glared at the ducks as they walked past the pond, silently daring them to mess with him.

They sat in silence for a moment, both contemplating what to say. "Your sister has good taste, by the way. You look good. Sorry I'm still in my uniform."

Jimin looked down at his hands. "Thanks."

"Okay, what about this, tomorrow I'll actually take you out. I don't work, so I can be here whenever you like. Or not at all, I understand that."

"I feel like if I didn't agree to go back out with you my sister would hurt me, so I'll see you tomorrow at three. Please don't be late this time."

Jimin paced in front of the door with Uri sat on his shoulders, making sure one hair doesn't fall out of place. It was two fifty and Jimin was anticipating Yoongi to be late again.

"Jiminie, I'm going to need to you to stop, your hair is falling out of place." Uri grumbled. There was a knock on the door and Uri squealed loudly. Jimin opened it and Yoongi was stood there, staring down at his hands nervously.

"Hey," Yoongi said, smiling at Jimin. Uri waved at him and grinned happily. Yoongi waved back and watched as Uri leant over Jimin's head to get in his face.

"So here's some rules, the first one is that you guys have to be back before dinner because Jiminie promised he'd play with me while mom makes dinner, and the second rule is that you can't get your cooties on my brother because he's the only boy that I'm allowed to be around and I don't want you to ruin that for me." Uri counted off the rules on her fingers and looked back at Yoongi. "And that means kissing, Yoongi. No cooties."