0.7 // The Declaration

•Madison

I felt strong firm arms circling around me as I woke up. I felt the sudden urge to puke right then and there but I wouldn't want to puke on the person carrying me.

Normally, if I am sane right now, I'd probably be freaking out and pushing the person carrying me away. But since I feel like I'm about to be brought to my death bed, I didn't care who's carrying me.

I just wanted to sleep to be honest. But if I'm actually going to be brought somewhere I don't know (hopefully not) by a kidnapper, I'd tell them to just persecute me during my sleep. I wanted to do absolutely nothing but sleep--trust me, getting someone to kill me as I sleep is totally okay because I literally feel like dying right now.

Not that I'm making conclusions but I'm assuming the person carrying me is a guy since I don't know any girl that could carry me this long. Well, I guess Tiffany could (that girl lifts and does those cardio bar things every week. She's megatron so you should never mess with her), but I'm positive that she's drunk too.

The mystery guy kept on mumbling curse words under his breath as he repeatedly bumped into corners. I think I'm too heavy for him but eh, I'm honestly too tired, too drunk to care.

I opened my right eye, squinting because of the bright light, to check where we were. And as if on cue, he said the we were at my house.

Okay, good. I just hope he won't do anything to me.

The cycle of him cursing and bumping into corners repeated for quite awhile before I finally felt myself shift into the comfort of my bed. The familiar scent of my covers took over and I just felt like I was in heaven.

I didn't bother to change because what difference would it make, honestly? I felt myself slowly drift into slumber when I suddenly felt a pair of soft and warm lips press to my forehead. I flinched but then relaxed into this guy's touch.

He smelled like detergent and hot boy cologne, similar to Kyle's. Is there a possibility that he's Kyle? It's weird, though how he didn't know where my room is since he used to go there everyday when we were younger. And why would he kiss me?

Several questions, possibilities and theories popped inside my head—but none of them seem to match up. Nothing's clicking together.

But trusting my heart, how I feel, I think it's Kyle. It just feels right; it feels like before; it reminded me of how we used to be. The thing is, though, it didn't completely feel like the past, it made my stomach flutter with butterflies, it made my forehead sting and it made my heart beat a tad bit faster.

But just to make sure, I opened my eyes to see if it is him. And it is. Kyle was now facing away from me, heading back outside. He was wearing his denim jacket he wore awhile ago. He's wearing Drew's beanie, though, that hid his blonde hair. He borrowed it probably.

I then closed my eyes again, preparing to sleep, not bothering if I'm wearing dirty clothing.

"I still know you have that warm and soft heart of yours. I guess we're now even," I said softly, hoping he's still there. "Thanks, Kyle. I really hope we become like this again because I miss this so, so much."

There was a brief pause that I actually thought he left right before he replied, his voice low and hushed.

"You're welcome. Good night, Madison. I'll uh, see you tomorrow probably."

* * *

My head was throbbing, my whole body was in pain and I feel sticky with sweat. I felt like a rag dipped in dirty fruit punch, and trust me, it's not the best feeling. And the fact that my little sister was hitting me with a pillow she probably got from the floor as she kept on forcing me to 'get the fuck up'.