I Hate Hospitals

Cameron's POV

No one said anything as we got into the car. About a mile down the road Bert finally said something. "Would someone like to explain to me what happened to Emma and why we are on the way to the hospital?" No one said anything. Bert looked at Shawn but we all knew he didn't know the truth.

I did.

"Well ummm." I want to tell everyone the truth but there are some things, I know I shouldn't say. Like the fact that she is in love with Shawn. "When she ran off after our first show, I caught her on the roof. She wasn't going to jump, she was just acting worried. She kept mumbling things. It was like she was having a heart attack. Then I remembered her panic attacks. I looked down and saw marks, scars, up her left arm. When I asked her about it, she got nervous. She said she started... a few months ago. Around the same time she was bullied."

"Around the same time Shawn left." Carter mumbled.

"It's not his fault. She said she was lonely because yes he left but those guys were bulling her. They were telling her she wasn't worth it. That she was ugly and that no one cared about her. She didn't know that what they were saying," I couldn't help but scoff. "Lies. All of it. She's beautiful. And fun to be around. And talented. And funny. She has the biggest heart out of all of us. No amount of money on this planet is anything compared to her. But she doesn't understand that."

My breathe caught in my throat as I continued. "She promised. When I found out, I made her promise she would never do it again. She broke that promise." I whispered the last part. Everyone was speechless. We all loved Emma. She was enough. Why didn't she know that?

"What made her break it?" Hayes asked softly.

"I don't know. But my money is on that girl from the meet and greet." I said clenching my knuckles so much they were turning white.

"Girl? What girl?" Shawn finally spoke up.

"Seriously? The last girl to talk to Emma." Shawn just looked at me confused. As I was about to respond, we pulled into the hospital.

"No wonder you haven't noticed Emma is in love with you." I mumbled as I got out of the van and ran inside.

"Where is Emma? Emma Perkins." I said quickly.

"Second floor. Room 218." I muttered a quick thank you and ran up the stairs. I was about to burst through her door when a male nurse stopped me.

"Young man. You can't go in there."

"Why not?!" I yelled.

"She isn't in her assigned room yet. She is still in surgery."

"Surgery?!?!?" I yelled receiving weird pitiful looks but I didn't care. "What? Why? How? Why is she in surgery?" I stuttered almost in tears.

By then the other guys had come running down the hallway. "Cam! What's wrong?" Nash said putting a hand on my shoulder to calm me down.

"Emma's in surgery and this nurse won't tell me why!" I started off calm but soon my voice raised. Everyone started getting angry and yelling at the guy.

"Listen. Listen. LISTEN!! Emma Perkins is fine. On her way here she went into shock. Which is common when people loose a lot of blood like Emma did. We did a transfusion, meaning she got new blood, that went well. She is going to be fine. We gave her extra anesthesia so she can sleep. She'll need all the rest she can get. The doctor has to have a difficult conversation with her when she wakes up."