As One

Disclaimer: This work is purely based on my imagination.

To Kathartickat whose AlDub/MaiChard work was one of the first ones that I couldn't stop reading. You've made me fall in love with watty fanfics once again. Thank you very much. :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 2, 2016

"Happy Birthday RJ!"

Wait, what?!  Backtrack!  Did you hear it right?  RJ daw?   RJ Talaga?!

From all the times you've requested and cajoled for her to call you by your nickname, she has never budged.  Sure, she'll call you Richard sometimes, when it's just the two of you, but she has not ever called you RJ.

Her reasoning?  It's exclusive for your family daw.

Sarap sabihan na one day soon, she'll be family too, so it really doesn't matter if she starts calling you RJ as early as now.   But knowing Meng, who can only bear future talks when made in a jest, you let it slide.   She'll soon realize that you are serious anyways.  Dead serious in making her part of your family.  Actually, everyone, especially your Dad and Rizza thinks of her as an honorary member of the Faulkerson's already.   Si Meng lang talaga ang medyo mabagal ang pick-up.  You thought introducing her as "My Better Half" would clue her in, but not your Menggay.

Now here she is, on her VTR greeting for your Birthday.  Calling you RJ for all the world to see.

Ang hilig lang talagang di-mang-orient.

"Oha, RJ na! I know matagal mo ng request na tawagin kita by your nickname.   And since today's special, I thought, sige na nga! Pero ngayon lang 'to ha! Bukas, di na!  Di, joke lang. Seriously speaking though, I know you meant it when you said that you understand me being away with my family for the Holidays, but I'm  still really bummed that I couldn't be there to personally celebrate with you on your birthday.   I hope you know that thousands of miles apart we may be, it's mostly you who's occupying my thoughts primarily.   I thank God that 24 years ago, He was so generous to have sent one of his most precious angels on earth. Not only to be a blessing to his family, friends and colleagues, but to serve as the epitome of what good man should be!  I may not always tell you this, but really RJ, you're our personal angel!  And we know that no matter what happen, you'll always remain to be that steadfast man everyone dare hope to be.   Once again, happy Birthday RJ.  Aldub you! I miss you! See you really, really soon."

And with that heartfelt message, how could anyone expect you to be able to hold your tears at bay. 

Iyakin nga diba!

"Awwww.. Wala na!  Iyak na! Iyak na naman si Alden!"  rinig mong sabi ni Miss A, who, with the rest of the Dabarkads, are with you on the Eat Bulaga stage, watching all the VTR greetings for your birthday.

"Papi! Akala ko ba sabi mo di ka iiyak?" pambubuksa pa ni Sam.

"Di na naman ako na-orient!" sabi mo na lang.  "Lagi na lang ninyo akong di ino-orient."

"Sus! Huwag ka nga Tisoy! Basta talaga kay Meng, labas ang emotions mo eh.  Kinaya mo naman na di maiyak sa mga messages nila Miss Ai, Marian, at Direk Joey.  Pero kay Meng lang na message tumulo luha mo!" dagdag naman ni Kuya Ryan.  Nakitawa lang ang ibang Dabarkads.

Wala eh. Basang-basa talaga ka talaga ng mga nasa Broadway.

"O, huwag niyo nang ilaglag si Tisoy. Birthday niya ngayon.  Sa Monday na lang."