Chapter 6: Farewell, For Now

My eyes opened, and squinted against the harsh light of morning. I was lying on my side, curled up in a comfortable bed inside a wooden house.

Instantly, the events of the night before engulfed my thoughts, sending a jolt of panic through my limbs. Without thought, I pinched myself on the arm to make sure I wasn't dead.
'Phew - still alive.'

My heart jumped as I saw my hands - they were covered in blood! Oh wait, it's mine.
It was dry - then I noticed a large dark patch in the left side of my shirt - must be from the arrow.
After swapping the shirt for a comfy leather chest plate, I wrapped the stained top around my bloodied hands and head for the well I had built a few days ago.

Looking ahead, I saw heat haze at the start of a distant desert biome. I knew about three days East there was a jungle biome. And to my right, behind the village and beyond was a huge forest. I scrubbed the red liquid off my hand with a sponge and did the same with my shirt. I decided to hang it to dry beside the fire in my house, wearing a leather chest plate for most of the day.

As I was walking back home, I tried to process in my mind exactly what had happened the other night. Let's see: there were tons of mobs, I was out of breath, I got shot by an arrow - the man! I gasped, pausing for a moment as I remembered the mysterious man wearing the hooded cloak.
Where did he learn those skills? And that diamond sword! You'd probably have to mine pretty deep to find those.

To use up my spare time, I finished the wall and added an entrance. I was actually quite proud of it; it almost gave a warm, homely feeling, whilst warding off uninvited monsters. The gap was five blocks wide, three spruce fence gates in the middle, and wooden fences at either side of the gates. The fences then towered up four more blocks high, then across with a torch on top. One fence hung down with a sign on it reading 'Welcome to Twigknot Town'. Yes, I had named the village.
Outside the gate at either side of the entrance, I placed two dirt blocks that were held up with trapdoors. I then placed two oak leaves on top of each other to make it as look as though it was a bush that was designed to stand upright.

Finished.

After that, I began building the tower I was meaning to build. It didn't really take that long, as it was mostly built from cobblestone. I decided it was going to be used for looking over the horizon to see if there were any mobs approaching the village. It could also be used as a church, or at least some place for the priests to work.
I turned to look down at the thriving village below me, and raised the blue flag atop the tower to send out the signal. Villagers stopped playing, talking, trading and doing their everyday jobs, came out of their little huts and started trudging to the tower. Because that day was the day.

The day I was leaving Twigknot Town.

I made my way down the ladders of the tower and into the main room; I was greeted by the leader of the village council. I sat with the other members at the far end of the stone room and watched as hundreds of villagers flooded into the Tower. When it was completely full, the leader began his speech.

"People of Twigknot Town," he boomed.
"We are gathered here today to bid our greatest hero -" he turned to me. "Sky - farewell."
There was a wave of applause - the leader continued when the crowd had finished.

"Sky the Hero has done a great deal of change to our village: she has given us farms, new homes and other buildings, a wall to keep the creatures out, and even the village's new name. And for all of that, we thank her from the very bottom of our grateful hearts. She will be mentioned by our people, in books, tales and songs! She is the history of Twigknot Town, and has given us something to brag and be extremely proud about!"