twenty three

Darby's POV.

I walked out of the room, my breath laboured and my steps quick.

There is absolutely no words to describe what just happened in there. I could feel the sweat on my palms and I wiped them on my school dress, before my fingers subconsciously reached up to my face and touched my lips. As I traced them with the tips of my fingers, I could feel the tingle that Michael's kiss had left upon them, and I toothlessly smiled, a blush appearing across my cheeks.

I sat there in class silently, my breath still laboured. I could feel Calum's eyes on me a couple of times, but I brushed him off. His eyes were continuing to question me and why I was smiling to myself for the whole period, and I wasn't going to give him that satisfaction.

Gathering my thoughts, I realised how that may have looked to Michael. I hope he didn't take me leaving the wrong way, I hope he knows that I don't regret kissing him. Not at all.

I bit my bottom lip, hurriedly taking my phone out and typing a quick text to Michael.

hey, I'm sorry I left you there. I needed to gather my thoughts. love, Darbs xx

After the message came up with 'Delivered' underneath it, I shut my phone off, quickly putting it away before Mrs Lineham caught me.

---

Michael's POV.

I lay there on my bed, my eyes shut and my hands on my face, because sometimes, all you can do is lay in bed and hope to fall asleep before you fall apart.

I could hear my phone on the desk beside me, repeatedly buzzing it's way to my annoying factor as I groaned. My hand reached out to grab it, just to shut it up.

"Hello?" I still had my eyes closed, giving up and resting the phone on the side of my face as whoever it was on the other end, answered.

"Hey Mikey!"

I could just tell by the chirpy voice and the smile that I could physically hear, that it was none other than Ashton.

"Hey, Ash." I couldn't help the grin that slowly rose on my cheeks. He just radiates happiness.

"What's up? I'm just ringing you because I was wondering if you'd like to go shopping with Cal and I tomorrow for the dance? We'd love for you to come with us," he breathed.

"Hold on a minute," I spoke into the phone and quickly rushed out the door.

Mum was on the couch, fiddling with her fingernails while an old episode of 'How I Met Your Mother' played lowly in the background. I could see the wet tears on her cheek as her body shook. I feel so horrible for her, but there is nothing that can be done anymore,

I tapped my foot, before giving up and tapping on her shoulder to get her attention.

The fright she got from my touch caused her to jolt and look back at me, quickly wiping away the tears. She cleared her throat, her hands shaky as she waited for me to speak.

"Hey, mum," I began, my eyes on her fiddly hands as I found it way too difficult to make eye contact with her, "Ash and Cal asked me if I wanted to go shopping for the dance tomorrow. Um, can I?"

She sniffed, but I saw her nod. "You can go, but you have a therapy session in the morning so you'll have to go later in the day."

I nodded, and without making direct eye contact I kissed her forehead and jogged out the room to the phone.

"Yeah, I'd love to come, but I have an appointment in the morning," I spoke quickly, almost as soon as I picked it up. I felt stupid saying that I had an appointment, and I cringed at myself.

"Yeah, sure! That's fine. I'll text you when J come around to pick you up," Ashton chirped back. "See ya!"

I said bye and hung up, tossing my phone on the bedside table and flopping down onto the bed on my back.

God, today was eventful. I could still feel the tingling feeling Darby's contact with me had left in my stomach, and I blushed to myself.

I think I'm going to text her.

Grabbing my phone quickly, I scrolled through my contact list until I found her name, and clicked on it, before realising that there was already an unread message from her in my inbox. It must've come through when I was on the phone to Ashton.

I prepared myself for the worst, before I opened it. Reading through it, my heart was racing. Did she not enjoy it? I bit my lip.

The smile on my face couldn't have meant more as I clutched my phone tighter in my hands, my cheeks pink and my body warm.

That night, I fell asleep to the thought of happiness, and with the images of soft hazel eyes and dark blue painted finger nails.

---

HEY IM SORRY THID IS SHORT BUT THE NEXT CHAPTER IS GOING TO BE SO LONG IM SO EXCITED !!!!

this is just a small christmas present from me to you xxxx

i hope this holiday season is filled with love and happiness for all of you, I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH thank you all for everything

-

MGCKITTEN