Chapter 16 - Trip Begins

Start from the beginning

"Give him lots of water to drink" Marilyn said.

"Please tell me at least one of us was sensible enough to keep water" Harry said.

"Says the one who's wearing just a robe" Marilyn muttered.

"I heard that" Harry complained.

"You were supposed to" She replied.

"You're so much better when you're drunk" Harry commented.

"But I'm never drunk?" Marilyn asked, confused

"Exactly" He smiled sweetly at her.

"Okay, now let's go through the plan once again" I said to all of them.

It was now eight in the morning, which meant we have covered the distance worth the time of five hours now. 

Mario's driving was simply amazing. Even after all that happened, he somehow managed to bring us right back on the track of time. Though it did consist the high pitched screams of Marilyn that we were going to die.

"I will be purchasing the supplies like water, juices, cans and food" Marilyn revised.

I nodded and turned to look at Harry.

"I will be at the shop purchasing a few clothes for me and do my best to change into them too" Harry said.

"Thank god" Marilyn muttered.

I looked at Mario, as it was his turn.

"I will be getting the fuel in the car" Mario simply said.

That left me and Ben.

"I will be at the money machine, taking out all the money that we are going to need for the rest of our trip" I told them "And Ben, you will be staying in the car" I ordered and everyone agreed.

As the petrol pump arrived, the car slowed down to stop at the station. 

"Remember, the stop is just for five minutes" I said and we all rushed out of the car before it could even stop properly, instead of Mario of course.

We all ran towards our destinations.

Marilyn and Harry apparently had to go to the same shop as they were selling clothes and other stuff both.

"I need-" Marilyn started but was cut off.

"Why are you wearing a graduation robe?" The shopkeeper asked Harry.

"Trust me, don't ask" Marilyn commented.

"Are you ever going to shut up? You suck" Harry whined.

"Jesus loves me" She smiled.

"Yes, Jesus loves you. But everyone else thinks you're an asshole" Harry said.

Marilyn decided to ignore Harry's comment due to the lack of time we had, as she started getting the resources.

I was done with taking out the money, and continued to wait for the other two to appear. I saw them running towards us, Marilyn's hands filled with shoppers and Harry wearing some brand new clothes which included a red shirt and a black jeans.

"Hurry hurry hurry" I rushed them in as I jumped in the passenger seat myself, and we were on the road again.

"Wohoo, we made it" Harry hooted.

"Just in time" I commented "We were almost late, we can't afford to keep messing up like that" 

"But we made it?" Marilyn said.

"Just made it" I corrected.

We had given large amount of water to Ben, and forced him to sleep. Hoping that when he wakes up, he will be sane.

Ignoring me, Harry peeked forward to turn the radio on as some song of Miley Cyrus started blasting out of the speakers.

"I don't like her" Harry whined.

"Why? because she likes being naked?" Marilyn smirked, insulting Harry.

All three of them started singing to the song along with the radio.

Something about that pissed me off. This was supposed to more than just this. We were going to see Evelyn soon maybe, they knew it. Could they not be a little more serious? Instead, they kept singing songs and arguing with each other.

"Just shut up" I said turning the radio off "Enough of it" I shouted, and the car went silent.

"Buzzkiller" I heard Harry mutter.

"Do you guys realize the purpose of this? It's to go and find Evelyn, not this" I was being ridiculous, but at the moment I didn't care.

"I expect you all to shut up and be serious for once. We need to discuss what we are going to do once we get there rather than being stupid" He said "What are we going to do once we reach, do any of you know?" 

By this moment, Harry had had enough of it.

"I don't know" Harry said "I don't know what we are going to do when we get together. But what I do know is, that whatever we do it will be fine. More than fine even. It will be fun, because we all will be together" He said and Marilyn warned him to stay quiet but he wouldn't listen.

"You can act all you want like this Archer, but you need to realize that we are going on a long road trip. It's all five of us. Yes, we are going to find Evelyn. And we hopefully will find her, but we don't know that for sure" He continued "But what we do know for sure is that we can make this worthwhile and have fun"

"Besides, that is what Evelyn wanted right? For us to have fun?" Harry said the last sentence slowly.

I sighed. I thought about what he said, and as much as I hated to admit it I knew he was right. Everyone was looking at me, even Mario was stealing glances at me as he continued to drive.

I rolled my eyes, admitting my defeat as I turned the radio back on and continued to sing songs with them this time.

Because I'd be lying if I would say that I wasn't having fun.