Chapter Six

On the Saturday after I was known as Xavier Scott's girlfriend, I had asked Karen if he could come over to the orphanage. She said yes as long as he knew I lived here and that we stayed safe. I had agreed with a bright face.

So on the Sunday, I texted him that he could come over as well as the address and he said he would be there for lunch.

I was pacing my room, making sure that everything was clean and tidy and waited nervously.

At twelve o'clock, on the dot, I went downstairs to the reception area where visitors had to sign in. Even there I was pacing and glancing at the clock all the time only to see it never moved.

Eventually though, and not even past 12:15, Xavier walked through the sliding doors and gave me a smile.

During our time together, I discovered Xavier's many smiles. This one was genuine and honest though.

"Hey, how are you?" He asked after he kissed me lightly.

Blushing, I smiled. "I'm fine thanks. You didn't have any trouble finding the place?"

"No trouble. I know this town back to front."

"Sure."

I guided him to the sign in sheet on the desk, where he wrote his name and the date, then turned to me again when he finished.

"What first then?" He asked, eyes lighting up.

"I'll show you my room first then we can go from there," I said and tugged the sleeves of my long-sleeve T-shirt to my knuckles nervously.

He reached out and grabbed my hand. "Don't worry. I swear, I won't laugh at anything or start saying anything suggestive when we get there. Unless you want me to," he said.

I shook my head with a small smile. "Say or do whatever. Just be yourself please," I said and squeezed his hand.

I took him upstairs and we were lucky no one happened to walk past. We didn't see a single soul.

At my door, I opened it and let him in, closing it behind me.

"It doesn't look like much but it's one of the many of the larger rooms. I only got it because I was responsible and because I was older than some of the others," I rambled.

"It's pretty cool for a room," he said, stopping my rambling and admiring some of the artworks on some easels that were scattered around the room.

"How long have you been painting Silent?" He asked and softly touched one of my expressionist paintings.

"Since I was four, I think. My mum always put me into groups for painting because of my knack for it."

He nodded and moved to look at another painting which had people in it.

"I thought you never did people in your paintings."

"I've only just started about a month ago," I replied.

A month ago was when I fell in love with Xavier and we only got official the other day.

"And what happened a month ago?" He asked with a grin as he looked at me.

Blushing dark red, I looked down and covered my face with my hair. "N-nothing happened a month ago."

His hand reached out and lifted my chin up so our eyes met. His green ones were full of light today.

"Well? What happened?"

I was about to pull away but his arm wound around my waist to keep me there.