Chapter Fifteen

After two agonising days, Saturday finally arrived. A day where the only things that mattered where me and Craig, us living in our own little reality. Standing infront of my wardrobe, I look at the array of clothes scattered around me room. What do I wear? As usual Craig is being a pain by not telling me where we are doing and only telling me to "dress casual". Casual! Does that mean shorts and a shirt, or jeans and a leather jacket? I need more than just 'casual'. Sighing I decide on blue 3/4 sleeve flannel top, and a pair of black 3/4 length jeans topping it off with my galaxy vans.

Going into the bathroom I put on some colonge, and fix my hair channeling a bit of Dean (supernatural). Deciding it won't get any better, I grab my phone and walk downstairs flopping onto the couch and turning on the tv. As I channel surf, a knock on the door causes me to jump up. Before I can reach the door, my mother pushes past me, "It is my job as mother to make sure that he is suited for my only son," and opens the door.
"Hello Criag, it is nice to see you fully clothed and out of my son's bed."
"Mum!" I shriek and slide past her forcing Craig to take a step back.
"It is lovely to officially meet you Ms. Emmons, I will take good care of your son," he says as he puts his arm around me shoulder.
"You better, and I want you home nice and early young man!" She scolds before letting a small smile slip and closing the door behind her.
"Are you going to tell me where we are going?" I ask already knowing the answer.
"Nope," he grins as he walks to the car and climbs in starting it up.
"Fine," I sulk as I slid in next to him.

***
An hour later, we pull up at a familiar stretch of beach. Slightly confused I turn to Criag, to see him slid out of the car and walk over to my side. My heart starts to race, as my brain goes down a dark path. Why are we here? Does he want to break up with me and thought it would be ironic to do it here? Hyperventilating I climb out of the car and take a step towards Craig.
"Why are we here Criag?" I whisper heart racing.
"I wanted to show you that this place could have some good memories as well as  bad, you can't go your whole life avoiding this place." He whispers as he pulls me into his embrace.
"I could try," I mumble and breathe in the soothing scent of mint.
"Come on," he says as he steps away, takes my hand in his and leads me to the boot of his car. Inside he has packed a picnic blanket and two towels.
"But I didn't bring any togs," I say as I take a step back.
"That won't be a problem," he says as he picks me up and places me over his right shoulder grabbing the blanket and towels with his left hand. Closing the boot with his elbow, he walks over to the sand and drops the blanket and towels before starting to walk to the shore.
"Don't!" I squeal, "at least let me take my shirt off first."
Putting my on the ground he chuckles, "well I wouldn't object to that."
Slowly I start to unbutton my shirt feeling his eyes on me. Looking at the sand I finish unbuttoning and remove my shirt, blushing. Hearing something else hit the sand I look to see that Craig has removed his shirt as well. Letting my eyes slowly graze over his rock hard abs, and v-line I groan.
"Enjoying the show," he chuckles, "because I certainly am."
"It's not fair," I groan, " look at you and then look at me, we know who the hot one in this relationship is."
"You," he growls before closing the distance and picking me up again and walking to the water.
"No!" I squeal again and thrash my legs as I see us getting closer and closer to the shore. Feeling a change in momentum I close my eyes and brace for the water, which I crash into seconds later. Squealing at the cold I surface and glare at Craig, who is still on the beach, bent over laughing.
"You coming in?" I squeak, "the waters great!"
"It looks a bit cold," he laughs, "I think I might stay out here."
"You ass!" I scream, running at him dripping wet.
"Stay away," he screeches, "you'll get me wet!" Before starting to run away. Unfortunately for him I have a bigger head start and run full pelt at him tackling him into the sand.
"I think I like you taking control," he chuckles, causing me to turn pink.

Standing up I go and run into the water cleaning myself from the sand, before walking out again. Grabbing one of the towels I wrap it around myself shaking.
"Here," says Craig as he lays the blanket down, "let me help you get warm."
Shaking I lay next to him, feeling his body heat radiate off his chest and heat my bones.

Looking at the sky we start to point out the different shapes we see.
"What do you plan to do after high school?" Craig asks after pointing out a rabbit shaped cloud.
"Hopefully study design at college," I answer, " what about you?"
"I don't know if I will be going to college," he answers.
"What?" I ask shocked.
"After dad left mum didn't cope to well and drank most of my college fund, she's better now, but I don't know how we can afford college."
"Oh my god," I gasp, "I never realised, I'm so sorry. You probably hate having to deal with my shit storm, I am so sorry ."
"Hey don't worry about it." He sighs, "your dad left too right? So it is reasonable for you to be a bit upset when what seems like your only secure relationship breaks apart."
"Yeah," I sigh looking into his deep blue eyes. "Why are you so perfect?"
"I'm anything but perfect Kyle," he sighs.
"Yes you are," I say, "you think you aren't but you are. You had to go through so much when your dad left, and yet you don't go into an emotional breakdown when someone is mean to you."
"Kyle you are so much stronger than you think." He says looking into my eyes.
As he leans in I get that familiar scent of mint, before closing the distance and putting my lips to his. Immediately he deepens the kiss and I let him take control. The kiss says everything; how much we care for each other, how hurt we are from our childhood, how strong we think the other is. As the kiss ends we break apart breathless.
"Wow," says Craig, "I could do with a few more kisses like that."
Blushing, I lean back against the blanket.
"As much as I hate to say this," he says, "we should probably go, I don't want your mum eating me for dropping you home to late."
Sighing I get up and grab the towel and my shirt. Seeing Craig go to put his shirt back on I grab one more quick glance at his naked torso. Hey no matter how lovey-dovey I am feeling, I am still a teenage boy underneath, and we are horn dogs. Walking up to his car I slid in and turn on the radio, hearing some new pop song come through. As Craig slides in next to me I lean against him and start to fall asleep.
***
An hour later I am gently nudged in the side, "hey babe, we are here." Groaning I roll away from the voice and try to go back to sleep, hearing a chuckle I am lifted into a familiar set of arms and look up to see Craig.
"I have to legs you know," I say sarcastically, "I can walk."
"I'm not to sure about that," Craig chuckles, but puts me down anyway.
Thank you for the date I say and put my lips to his softly before climbing up the stairs and going inside.

(Craig POV)
The day was amazing! Kyle is such a great guy, even if he doesn't know it. Though I think I am falling in love.

**************************
HEY GUYS!! WHAT DID YOU THINK?
PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW
LOVE YA <3