Chapter Twelve

Monday. The worst day of the week according to most teenagers, and today they would be true. Monday means that I have to burst the bubble of happiness that I have been living in with Craig, and face the terrors of judgy teenagers.

As I sit in Craig's car, I close my eyes and focus on nothing but the feeling of my hand in his. Feeling his hand squeeze mine, I open my eyes and look at him.

Reassuringly he says, "Don't worry babe, nothing is going to happen. We are just your average gay teenagers, who are in a happy relationship. And remember," he says as he points to my shirt. '#no judgement zone' one of my favorites, accurately chosen to suit my mood and worries today. Pulling into school, I take a deep breath and undo my seat-belt. Once parked, I climb out and look at the people around me. No stares. Yet. As Craig pulls his bag over his shoulder he slides his arm over my shoulders, and I relax into him. Pecking my head, Craig starts to walk me into school. 

Suddenly we are tackled by an invisible force. Prying them off us I realize it is Breanna and laugh, before punching her in the shoulder.

Giggling she pulls me closer and whispers in my ear, "Are you two dating?"

Feeling the nod of my head she squeals, "OMG!! You Guys!!," before punching me in the arm, "why didn't you text me?"

Laughing, I push her away a little bit, "Sorry babe, but can you be a little quieter? You are causing a scene. Anyway how was your weekend"

"All right," she blushes.

"You are withholding from me, young lady," I glare at her sternly.

"I'mseeingMichael!' she says in a massive jumble of words.

"Wait, Michael from my drama class?" I question.

"Yup," she pops grinning wildly.

"Okay, now you are scaring me," I chuckle.

As we talk for a few minutes I hear a familiar car pull up and turn around to see Dylan climbing out his car. Looking away I turn to see Breanna's eyes widen in shock and then disgust. Turning to see what she is looking at I see Dylan walking with his arm around Rachael, and a wave of emotion rolls over me. As his eyes find mine, I feel the hurt overwhelm me and open old wounds. Buring my head into Craig, I begin to cry. Knowingly Bre rubs my back and whispers to Craig that he should take me to the bathroom.

***

After checking that we are alone Craig sits down on the floor next to me and pulls me into a safe embrace. Holding my as I cry, Craig sits alone in silence. Realizing how hard this must be for him, comforting his recent boyfriend who is crying over his ex, without knowing why, I decide that I will tell Craig the story of how Dylan broke my heart. Taking in a deep breath I start.

***

As I finish I feel Craig's eyes find mine, and he looks at me, a face full of emotion. Tenderly he pushes his lips to mine and, as if by magic, all of my hurt disappears. Returning his kiss with enthusiasm, I feel Craig deepen the kiss. As he breaks away I feel my head clear and I am decided. Dylan is an asshole who hurt me, but I have an amazing boyfriend, so he will hurt me no more.

With this new thought in my mind, I stand up pull Craig to his feet, wipe my eyes, and leave the bathroom a new person.

[Craig's POV]

As I follow Kyle to our first period I try to remain supportive and calm. But what that dickhead did to him. Let's just say the next time I see him I will now be as in control of my rage as I am now.