Birth

I knew I wasn't dead, I felt pain. I could also  hear people, I just couldn't make out what they were saying. It was like they were all muttering, all talking just above a whisper.

I moved my hand, twisting it around reaching for what ever was around me. Only to find I grabbed onto another hand. The hand jerked back, but then shot back forward grabbing mine.

"Cris are you awake?" Coltons shocked voice asked. I slowly opened my eyes, wincing at the bright light. They should have turned that off I mean they knew I would be waking up eventually.

"No." I muttered. I then smiled to only see him turn angry. Whoa that was quick, it only took one word to set him off this time.

"Why in the hell would you go to the field when I told you not too!" He yelled standing up. Oh shit.

"News flash your not my dad-"

"But I'm about to be the father of your child! And your child's in you! For gods sake do you not think of anyone else but yourself?" He hissed out. I was taken back, surprised at his harshness. I guess I did deserve it, but damn.

"I'm sorry, and I wasn't even thinking of my self. And so what I made a mistake, it stopped the war didn't it?" Realization formed over his face, and let me tell you this, he looked pissed.

"Cris you were sacrificing yourself! You have a fucking child in your stomach! What the fuck is wrong with you!" He nearly screamed out.  I backed away, trying my best not to slap him upside the head.

"It stopped the war didn't it?" I ask again. He shook his head in disappointment.

"What does it matter, you almost died!" He sat back down and put his face in his hands. "Cris I can't lose you." His voice softened. He sounded broken.

"Cole I'm okay, everything will be okay, I'll make sure of it. You just need to relax-"

"Relax?" He asked as if the word left blisters over his tongue as he said it. "Relax? You think it's possible to relax when the one person you love is going through hell and you could've done something about it? When the person you'd do anything for is dying and you can't do a damn thing!" 

I stared shocked. Dying? Had I really been that close to death without even knowing it?

"And you know what really hurt?" He waited for a response on with I gave him none. "When your holding the one thing that gives you hope, the one thing that makes you happy in the morning. The thing that tells you it's okay when it's not. The thing that makes you smile. The only thing that can make you feel. Then watching it die in your arms." He was simply raging now. He threw the chair he was sitting in acrossed the room as I just watched him. I knew if he looked at me he would calm down but he was stubborn. Looking at anything but me.

"I'm not dead, and I don't plan on dying for a while. So calm down." I tried to say soothingly but it came out strange. Kinda like it was forced.

This is where your like what do you mean it came it like it was forced. I mean I didn't want to say, I didn't feel like comforting him. I knew it was in my nature to, but I wanted him to get it all out. I mean it can't be good holding all of that back, he has been so strong for so long I want him to know he doesn't have to hold anything back from me.

"What where you trying to do in the first place?!?" He said walking over to the chair. He placed it back where it was but didn't sit down. Instead he gripped on the edges of it waiting for my answer.

"I was trying to stop the war. I thought I alrighty said that." I said growing impatient. He still didn't look at me.

"And how were you going to do that. I mean look at you, your basically powerless." Ouch.