"Whatever. Anyways, Logan sent me to tell you that you're invited to Emily's birthday dinner next Saturday," Asher said with a bored expression, while examining his perfectly cut nails.

"Why couldn't he send Yuko instead? Or just tell me himself?" I pouted. "You're clearly the least liked Royal around here."

"Now would be a good time to jump off that cliff, Alex," Asher scoffed, narrowing his eyes at me. "Now aren't you glad that I'll be the last person you'll see?"

"I'm going to rinse my eyes of your image before I go blind. I'll be at the dinner, of course. Hope to never see you anytime soon!" I smiled sweetly, before skipping back to my dorm.

"The feeling's mutual, Alex!" Asher guffawed behind me.

❁❁❁

I TRIED MY best not to get trampled on as everyone hurried to get down of the school bus.

"Can you believe it? A vehicle like that? We're not zoo animals!" I heard one girl cry out to her friend as they sprinted their way down the bus the minute the mechanical doors creaked open. I shook my head in disappointment and waited patiently for everyone to get down of the bus. Granted, school buses aren't the fanciest form of transportation, but these kids were overreacting. I climbed down the bus, wincing when my boot squelched as it sank into the damp dirt. Unfortunately for everyone, it had just rained the night before, so the ground was muddy and the air was humid, making this trip seem even more unbearable.

The cohort was informed yesterday that we would be going on a Survival Etiquette course and of course, everyone was rather clueless about what it was going to be about. After all, being dumped into a forest with limited supplies were not exactly what I had in mind. I was thinking more of How To Ties Knots 101 or self-defence classes, not how to build a shelter with twigs and fight off bears.

"Alright, campers, listen up! First of all, let's get introductions out of the way. I am Greyson King, your camp and course instructor. Assisting me will be Marla Reigns," the man standing in front of everyone said, his voice loud and authoritative. He had tan skin and was very muscular, his hair close-shaven and his eyes a warm hazel brown. I heard a group of girls giggle behind me when he turned to look in our direction. A dark-skinned woman standing next to him took a step forward, waving her hand. I assumed that she was Marla.

"With that said, please arrange yourselves into groups of three," Greyson instructed, crossing his arms. His muscles bulged under his skin, causing another ripple of giggles from the girls behind me. Emily and I immediately hooked arms, grinning at each other. I wasn't sure about how much fun I would be having in the middle of a forest, but at least I get to spend it with favourable company.

I glanced around in hopes of finding a friendly face to join us when a black-haired boy approached Emily and I with a hesitant smile.

"H─," he began but was quickly cut off when a tall figure loomed behind him menacingly.

"Piss off." The boy didn't need to be told twice. A navy blue duffel bag was dumped at my feet carelessly and I shot the intruder an annoyed look. Asher did nothing but smirk, before removing his khaki-coloured baseball cap and running his hand through his straight white hair.

"Emily," Asher greeted, nodding his head stiffly.

"Ash?" Emily mumbled, eyes widening in surprise. His indifferent expression was replaced with a narrowed eyes and downturned lips when he looked at me.

"Hello, daft prat."

Remember when I said I was going to spend this trip with favourable company?