Chapter 2a

Liam POV

I woke to the sound of crying. I realised it must have been Zayn, so I slowly made my way out of bed, and headed to Zayn and Harry's room. When I went inside, Harry was sitting in the bottom bunk, Zayn in his lap, and Harry was rocking him back and forth, which didn't seem to be helping to reduce the crying.

When Harry saw me, he looked startled, and then he looked worried.

"Zayn woke up crying, I tried to stop him, but he won't stop" Harry said, looking defeated.

I went up to him and ruffled his hair, before taking Zayn from him, carrying him on my chest, so that his head was rested on my shoulder, his little hand clutching onto my t-shirt for dear life.

"You go back to bed, I'm going to take him to the living room, okay" I said to Harry, kissing his hair. He nodded tiredly, before climbing back into bed.

I left the room and headed for the living room, Zayn quietening down at this point, but still crying. I rubbed his back soothingly, trying to get him to calm down. I decided to make him a bottle of milk, so I found his backpack which had a milk bottle in it, and I warmed up some milk before pouring it in the bottle. The milk was too hot so I left it on the kitchen table to cool down before trying to get Zayn to relax.

"What's wrong, baby?" I asked him, kissing his cheek.

"Dere monters in Zaynie room, bad monters" Zayn said, making Liam coo at his words.

I started singing 'twinkle twinkle little star' quietly to him, which seemed to work as his clutch on my t-shirt loosened and he clutched my index finger with his tiny hand, which seemed to be a comfort for him. His eyes seemed to be closing, his long eyelashes fluttering at the action. I went to get the bottle, which was safe enough to drink before placing it near his lips, his mouth complying by sucking on the nipple of the bottle, swallowing the milk slowly, in his tired state. I couldn't help but coo at how cute he looked. He finally fell asleep, looking as peaceful as an angel. My angel. I took the bottle out of his mouth and left it on the table.

I checked his pamper and he was dry. I went back to his bedroom, and gently placed him back on his bed, kissing the top of head, before going back to my room, exhausted. Louis was still asleep, looking serene. I checked the clock, it was only 2:30am.

Louis POV

I woke up to the scorching sun hitting my face. I groaned, trying to cover my face with my hand. I reached my hand out, expecting to find Liam, but instead, finding nothing. I got up and went to Zayn and Harry's room to find their beds empty. Then I went to Niall's room and he was sound asleep, completely smothered under the sheets.

I realised that he may overheat, so I tiptoed into his room, and slightly pulled back the sheets, only for him to pull them back again, lifting his head up, glaring at me.

"Morning buddy, sorry I woke you, I thought you might be hot" I said, trying to stop him frowning under no avail.

"Where are Harry and Zayn?" he asked.

"Ermm, well, their beds are empty, so I'm guessing they are in the kitchen or something with Liam, don't worry, they're fine" I reassured him, with a smile.

"But they.....like......they usually come and wake me up, in their own little way" he said, looking quite sad. I bit my lip.

"Well, maybe they wanted to let you have a lie in" I suggested, trying to ease his mind.

"But Zayn doesn't understand the concept of a lie in, and Harry always comes to wake me up, just because he knows it annoys me" he said, with a sigh.