Chapter 26: Its Pan

Start from the beginning

Before the woman could say another word I cut her off.

"Wait ,who are you?" She stood up with pride and straightened her back.

"I ,am Mayor. Mayor Mills." She smiled to herself ,as if it was an inside joke. I bit into the inside of my cheek.

"And ,I'm Wendy. Wendy Darlington?" I said unsure ,pushing a finger into my own chest. I looked at the floor ,searching my memory.

"Yes." She confirmed.

"Do you remember anything ,honey." The doctor asked ,stepping to my side.

"No." The very word draining me of excitement and achievement. A tear slipped from my eye.

I looked out my window ,the sun was still high in the sky ,it was morning.

"You've been in a coma ,and we didn't expect you to shoot up. The progress you were making didn't seemed to show any signs of getting better anytime soon. We were thinking ,maybe in about another..." He rolled his head on his shoulders as he thought.

"Three or five years you would wake up." My eyes widened at his statement. It was harsh and frightening.

"Dr. Whale! Stop ,you're scaring the girl." Mary Margaret walked over and ran her fingers over mine. It was soothing and friendly like ,but not like Mayor Mills ,hers were different ,like she knew me ,spoke to me ,loved me like a daughter.

Although this woman showed friendliness ,it was obviously pity and sympathy.

But there was one more question that I needed to know ,no matter how scared I was. I trembled at it and I was carried away by it very whim. My throat became dry ,sweat falling like rain in a hurricane. How could I fear my very thoughts?

I licked my lips and breathed. I pushed my clammy hands through my tangled long hair. I wanted to scream. Run. Cry.

Anything but bottle up this anxiety.

"Where will I go?" I asked ,everyone's expression changed ,and I made it uncomfortable.

It was silent ,and I humorlessly laughed. I sighed ,it was getting hot again. Cold went through my body like lighting ,but then I was hot again. Searing warmth. Waiting for an answer.

"You're going to stay with me. Well ,until you're better. And as Mayor ,I am your guardian." She pushed Mary Margaret out of her way ,and sat next to me. Her soft hands finding mine.

I looked up at the Mayor and smiled. She gave back a warm smile.

"If you don't mind Mrs. Mills ,were going to have to run test on her ,and than you can take her home." Dr. Whale said sheepishly.

She nodded and walked out the room ,along with Mary Margaret.

Back at Neverland

Peter's POV

I watched her through the mirror ,she seemed the same as the day I let her go. Her hair was longer ,and she was a bit paler. Due to the fact she hasn't been exposed to sunlight in awhile.