I didn't notice until the smell hit my nose, but I then saw the gleam of blood on my brothers neck.

What the hell had happened. When my eyes hit Elena however, my blood boiled.

She had fed on him? The guy she used to date and who she's known for basically all of her life?

Just as I was about to step forward and hurt her, Damon suddenly moved with his hand around Matt's neck and I froze.

"I will kill him Elena. Don't think I won't, because I will." Damon said bluntly, Matt clasping his hands over Damon's as an attempt to pry it off "I don't care about the guy. The world would be better off without another quarterback."

Elena didn't looked phased or remotely convinced that Damon would even hurt my brother.

But imagine both of our reactions when Damon's second hand appeared and snapped Matt's neck to the side, making him drop to the floor.

It's like a literal knife was plunged into my heart.

I couldn't help it. I screamed.

I screamed as if I thought it would bring my brother back.

Falling to my knees, my hand went to my stomach as the sick feeling began to settle it.

It wasn't even just the fact that Matt was dead, it was the fact that Damon did it. For the sake of Elena's humanity.

By now, Damon had appeared by my side his eyes frantic, his face giving away that I wasn't meant to see this.

Now I understand. Why he was so nervous about saying plan B. Why Katherine gestured to me when she mentioned it. Why she snapped my neck.

They didn't want me to see my brother die.

I could see Damon talking and Elena crouched on the floor by Stefan. They were all speaking but I couldn't hear anything.

It was like a high pitched noise was piercing my ears and I was just being deafened by it.

Damon's hands made their way to each of my cheeks but I couldn't help but cower away from them.

One of them was still stained with Matt's blood which made me feel even more sick.

"Elena, he's not dead. He's wearing his ring." Stefan rushed his voice, loud enough for both Elena and I to hear.

That stupid, ugly, goddamn ring.

I think Elena and I shared a joint moment of complete and utter relief when Stefan said those words.

Considering I could see the happiness on Elena's face from being the top the truth I guessed her emotions were back on.

But at what cost?

Oh yea, seeing my boyfriend kill my brother.

Despite the fact that Matt is going to be ok, it still hurt.

That it couldn't tell me beforehand. That he didn't have the guts to tell me the plan. He just prolonged the inevitable.

And that made it hurt the most.

I shakily pulled myself up, Damon still desperately trying to grab my attention as I zoned out of reality.

I didn't think as I blurred over to my brothers body, picked him up with all my strength and disappeared back to the boarding house.

As gently as I could, I placed his body on my bed, not caring about the blood that stained my pillow.

I felt like a robot with how I moved. Just stiff as I made my way to my bathroom to get a wet towel to clean Matt up.