Chapter 1

"Come on Harri! I'll let you break." Jeremy shouted as I strolled through the open doors of the grill.

Can't a girl have some alone time?

Apparently not.

But, alas, I couldn't leave Jeremy by himself or he'll get me back in school.

Trust me, after the last time I found my locker painted pink with glitter and love heart stickers stuck to it, I've learned not to mess with Jeremy Gilbert.

"Ok, ok." I replied, making my way over to him and taking the pool cue from his hand.

In a matter of minutes, we were deeply engrossed in the game of pool that I didn't notice the original vampire waltz into the grill and make his way over to us.

"Hello little Gilbert." Kol smirked as he stood at the end of the pool table.

Jeremy ignored him as he took his shot, sinking three balls.

"And hello Harri," Kol continued, seeing he wasn't going to get a reply from Jeremy "May I say how ravishing you look today."

"You may, but I won't hear it." I smile in return.

Kol and I have a weird relationship. We flirt, but nothing more. It's banter if anything.

I mean, I was scared to death of him and his family but I can't show it otherwise I'll be an easy target for their mind games.

"Extra feisty today," Kol had a cheeky glint in his eye "I like it."

"I think you're wanted." I nodded my head to the direction of the bar where his brother Klaus sat.

His brother bore an impatient face as he held up a glass of alcohol.

"It seems I have to leave." Kol pouted.

I copied him, "Such a shame."

"I'll be seeing you soon Harri." He winked before turning and making his way to the bar.

Sometimes I just wanted to slap that irritatingly handsome British face.

"Why do you even talk to him? He's the enemy in everyone's eyes." Jeremy spoke up when we were alone again.

"He's a psycho in everyone's eyes Jer, I'm just trying to not get on his bad side." I glanced over to the bar to see both Klaus and Kol now staring over in my direction.

"I'm trying to not get on the bad side of all the originals. I don't want to end up dead." I informed him, finally taking my turn when he didn't sink any balls.

"The only original you don't get on with is Rebekah which is weird because I'm sure you'd get along like a house on fire." Jeremy said, taking a sip of his drink as I bent over to take my shot.

"Yea, I guess that's why we won't work out..." I muttered, taking my shot and grinning as I managed to get three balls into the holes.

"You're getting better." Jeremy commented and I bowed to him.

"Thank you, kind sir."

"No problem, m'lady." Jeremy replied in a terrible British accent. We both laughed and eventually finished the game when Jeremy stopped blowing the balls around on the table.

We spent another hour or so in the grill until Matt came to work and I had to make a quick escape.

It was always so irritating when I was at the grill with friends and my brother was working. He would always spy on me and tell me what to do.

Making sure I wasn't drinking or talking to boys or dancing on the table, all those kinds of things.

So, I memorised his work schedule and now know when he works and when his breaks are.