Chapter 40

Taehyung's POV

I am on my way to Rose's house at 6 in the morning to meet with her mom. I was going to talk to her about Rose and also to get to know her more.

I slowly knock on the door and waited. Each knock made me feel even more nervous. But why am I nervous to meet with Rose's mother? I was fine texting her on the phone. PSH, I am such a loser! Just calm down, Taehyung. You're the man. You're the man!

I fist pump in the air a million times and chant to myself. "I'M THE MAN, I'M THE MAN, TAE, TAE, TAE, TAE IS THE MA-H-HI!" The door opens up causing me to jump.

"Oh, good morning, Taehyung. Sorry to scare you. Did I interrupt something?" Rose's mom chuckles.

Awh, their laughs are similar.

I shake my head with embarrassment. "That was...nothing."

"Ok, then, come in!" She holds out an arm and pulls me in. "I can't wait to finally talk to you."

"We've talked before." I point out with a nervous chuckle.

"Yes, but never just one on one."

"Ri-Right."

"So, I heard you're doing a romantic week thing with Rose?" We sit down at the kitchen table.

I nod, suddenly feeling a bit shy. "Y-Yes, I am."

"How's it going?"

"Um. It's great so far, it really helped me show-uh-show Rose how much I...care for her. It really brought us closer together....I-I think so." I say while looking down and away from her.

"Awh." She rubs my hand from across the table. "You are the sweetest young man. Rose is so lucky to have someone like you."

I nod. Too shy to say anything else.

"You remind me of my husband back when we were just two youngsters like you and Rose."

"Ho-How so?"

"He was a big workaholic. He always worked and worked, whether it be at his workplace or at his home. We met through mutual friends and my girls thought we would be cute together. I didn't think so because it seemed like he would never have time for me. Months later and he asked me out, I said yes to see how it would go. Weeks after that, he would put a lot of things before me, like his work. I was tired of it, so I broke up with him. Later...so suddenly, I find myself under many strings of light with him playing the guitar and his friends harmonizing behind him. He wanted to show how much he cared for me and it was magical. I remember it forever. I always wanted to have my daughter have someone who made her feel special and not some object. I'm glad she found you."

I blushed.

"So, what's your plan for the rest of the week?"

I tilt my head a little. "Oh, well...I want it to be something sweet and romantic, but also won't get me in trouble because I have to do most things in the morning of school."

"What did you do on the first day?"

"I sang to her. Something like a small performance. It's actually similar to what your husband did for you."

"Ah! That's so amazing!"

"T-Thank you." I laugh and play around with my fingers.

"Taehyung?"

"Y-Yes?"

"Don't be so awkward with me, please. I'm Rose's mother. I won't judge you. Rose gets her charms from me anyways." She proudly smiles.

I laugh. "I could tell."

The short amount of time we have flies by and now it's time for me to go wake up Rose and surprise her. I bow and thank Rose's mom.

"Feel free to come by anytime." She picks up her keys. "I'll be heading off for work, now. Good bye, Taehyung. Good luck with your plans. And thank you again...for treating my girl the right way." Before she exits the house, she gives me a tight, motherly hug.

I sneak into Rose's room and see her peacefully sleeping in bed. Oh, how she looks like a beauty right now. I mean, it's not like she's not that beautiful when she's awake. She's beautiful all the time...

She's my girlfriend. She's that beautiful, that cute, that amazing, that wonderful and amazing. She looks so peaceful. How could someone make me feel this way without doing anything, but sleep.

"Awh." I whisper as I see her face glowing in the light sunshine coming from her window.

Her chest was rising and going down slowly and her hands were sprawled around her bed. She looked really comfortable. I don't want to wake her up.

I slowly make my way to her bedside and kneel down. I put my face very close to hers . She looks so beautiful. I'm so lucky, just look at that face. I want to kiss her and hold her close to me. But I also want to get her butt up and ready for school so she can see what surprise I have for her, in the nicest way possible.

"Baby?" I coo like a very young boy. "Hello?"

She shifts around without opening her eyes.

"Beautiful girl, wake up."

I lean in and kiss her nose multiple times until she opens her eyes.

No words come out, instead she puts her hand around my neck and kisses me on the lips.

I raise my eyebrows in surprise.

She pulls away and lays back down on her pillow, eyes still closed.

I giggle. "This isn't a dream, Rose. Wake up, time for school."

She groans and flips over so her back is facing me. "Nooooo..."

I smack her back lightly. "Rose, come on, let's not be late for school today. Wake up."

She looks at me with her big sparkly eyes and smiles.

"Wake me up, Tae, because I'm too tired to do it myself." She whispers very cutely.

"H-Huh?"

"Oh, you know, Tae, help me out here. I can't feel my body, I'm too tired to care about school. Make me care."

I gulp. "Ar-Are you not-not surprised I'm here? In your room? In the morning?"

She shrugs and shakes her head. "Nope, you're my boyfriend. I shouldn't be surprised. Should I be?"

I nod. "Oh, I guess not. You're right. I am your boyfriend."

She rests on her elbows and looks at me straight in the eyes. "So, wake me up."

I smirk. "As you wish."

I climb onto the bed and hover over her. Her hands meet my chest and my lips meet hers immediately.

"Yah! Taehyung! What are you doing?" She yells when I pulled back.

"Wh-What?"

She laughs. "Tae, I didn't mean this. Actually wake me up. Smack me around or something, really...I can't keep my eyes open for more than 5 seconds."

I scoff, hiding my embarrassment. "O-Oh, I didn't- I didn't mean to....so-sorry..."

She smacks my chest again. "Don't worry, it woke me up....somewhat. I thought it was cute."

"Awh, I love you, Rose." I close the space between us and kiss her on the forehead.

She smiles against my neck. "I love you too, Taehyung."