Chapter 6

Bruce had watched them even closer after that day to see if the team status would remain the same. Michael had become even more protective of Marie and the others resented it. The others knew it was due to his romantic interests in her. Bruce found it to be fascinating. He always figured it was Michael's way of establishing dominance. He was the alpha male. It was only fitting he claimed the only female. Time passed slowly but their progress didn't. They excelled at a rapid pace. They developed into both strong physically and strong-willed individuals. Michael held command as Bruce had expected. They listened to him and they followed his instructions. Training was a daily occurrence and by the age of twenty-two only Michael led exercises.

"Line up," Michael ordered flashing his bright smile.

"Yes sir, thank you sir," Justin replied with a grin stepping up to the red line on the training floor.

"Drop the attitude. It isn't funny," Samuel added walking towards the line with Austin following behind. Ethan followed along with Marie and David close behind. They were all there and ready. Dressed in their training greys, they were designed to be comfortable and to not restrict movement when trainings. They were tight and showed off their fit physiques.

"Today is course day," Michael said and with a firm hand pointed to the new course in front of them.

"You changed everything," Samuel said with a frown. The normal equipment was gone and in its place was an elaborate combination of bars and mats, with no ladders to get up them or across them. "It was designed by Sir and Sargent the way it was for a reason. Did you have a real reason to change it?" Samuel continued.

"I'm digging it," Justin said with a smile, scanning his blue eyes around the new course.

"This will require we push ourselves more in our ability to get up and around things," Michael replied arms crossed across his chest.

"It's more of an agility course" Austin added looking at the course.

"It's totally like that parkor shit I saw on the internet, sweet! It's got all those mats and such," Justin said as his eyes lit up.

"So, what now, Marie and Ethan get to show everyone up? Was that your plan?" David asked. Then he saw the look of disgust on Michael's face, David looked down and tucked in his grey shirt. He could tell Michael had been eyeing it.

"Maybe I think that the rest of us could use more work in that area. Since it is a bit troublesome that only two of us can climb and evade the way they can," Michael said, his piercing green eyes laying directly on David.

"Hey, I'm in, no complaints. Let's do this," Justin said, clapping his hands.

"Marie and Ethan will take point as this is their area of expertise," Michael said, gesturing his hand for Marie and Ethan to step up.

Marie stepped forward, but Ethan didn't. Marie turned to him and Ethan shook his head. Even after all these years Ethan still couldn't bring himself to talk around the others. Ethan's physical skills were not in doubt but his social skills were. Marie nodded. They had a silent form of communication and she knew she had to take point. Marie stood before the others,

"Ok, Ethan and I designed the course, it is passable. You have to get through it anyway you can. There are no specific means for getting through that is ladders, ropes, and those kinds of things. Use the physical skills you have and get through it. It is that simple," Marie said knotting her blonde ponytail into a bun. "Ethan and I will run it first so you can see how it is done. We will use different methods but both will pass it," Marie added, gesturing to Ethan for him to ready himself to do his run.