Chapter 4

The management was finally about to meet by the following evening. They met as usual in Ivan's office.

"We have a problem," Bruce addressed the group. "A very serious problem," Bruce looked at Stanley. "Three of the boys are not living up the expectations. In fact, they are far behind the progress of their peers," Bruce said placing the failed physical assessments of Chris, Scott, and Tommy on Ivan's desk.

"And why the fuck is this? This makes no sense considering two of the children are identical. One is passing, and the other is failing?" Henry inquired.

"They have received the same injections as their peers. It must be their training," Stanley replied.

Kenneth stood up, "Or maybe they are just losers!" he yelled at Stanley.

"Wow, is that a technical term? Or

did you just come up with that yourself?" Stanly replied sarcastically.

"That's enough. I agree with Henry.

Why one twin would be up to par and the other sub-par," Ivan questioned.

"I can't explain it, it may be a

variation in their physical environment or their aptitude to trainings. It is a very fascinating abnormality," Stanley replied

"I would say we have a very simple problem with a very simple solution," Frederick calmly added.

"And what would that be?" Bruce asked.

"We have a few bad apples. They will never be fresh," Frederick smiled, "So it's simple: we toss out the bad apples," Frederick was still smiling.

"Are you suggesting we kill them?" Stanley exclaimed.

"Yes, if they are dragging down the others," Frederick looked at Bruce and Kenneth. "How are the performances of their peers?" Frederick asked.

"They are all meeting our expectation. Each is mastering multiple weapons. Michael has actually exceeded our expectations. He is their leader. They follow Michael. Physically, they are far more advanced than the three that are failing," Bruce replied.

"We have the potential to see a breakthrough with the abnormality between just the twins. They are developing completely differently and at different rates. They barely look identical anymore. This could be huge. Also, we were only judging physical abilities. We were not taking into account intellectual abilities. The formula could be improving the three that remain in a different way," Stanley pleaded.

"We are not here to play the twin game. We are here to make soldiers. I don't care what they look like as long as they perform. Those three are not performing in the arena we need them to," Bruce replied.

"And what about the girl?" Frederick asked.

"Her name is Marie," Stanley interjected.

Bruce ignored Stanley. "She is progressing and holding her own. She shows a softness towards the boys, tends to mother them a bit especially our three under performers. The rest try to bully her for protecting the weaker boys, but Michael protects her," Bruce replied.

"Well, isn't that fucking cute," Henry said sarcastically. "So all in favor of dumping our dead weight?" Henry asked. Everyone raised their hands except for Stanley and Ivan. Everyone looked to Ivan for the final say so.

Ivan nodded his head looking to Frederick, "Dispose of them," he said calmly.

Frederick smiled. "Gladly," he said with a salute. "Go get them. I will get the truck ready," Frederick ordered to Stanley.