Chapter 6: Sparks Fly

I looked down at my phone and opened the text message.

Andy: Good morning, beautiful. How did you sleep last night? <3

I sighed as Riley looked over to me with a puzzling expression spread across his face.

"You okay?" He asked. I nodded some then looked back at my phone. "Your boyfriend I assume?" Riley questioned.

"Umm, yeah." I faked a smile then began typing back to Andy.

Me: Hey, babe. Ehh, not well. I guess it'll take time for me to get used to the new surroundings and time difference. Oh, plus I fell on the floor this morning. So you missed that.

Andy: You'll get used to it soon enough. Ha, only you. How'd you manage to do that? I mean I know you've tripped over your own feet before and all.

Me: Let's not go into it :P  I have plans today though. I'll text you as much as I can though.

Andy: Gee, since when are you this social? Hah.

Me: I'm still not social. I'm in a car with other people and I'm here texting you. Thank you very much.

Andy: I was kidding. I don't want to interrupt your fun though. Have fun with your girly friends. I love you, Skye.

Me: I love you too.

Connor and McKenna began walking back to the car once I put my phone back in my pocket. Girly friends? Really Andy? Maybe I should tell him I'm with guys? No. That would be dumb.

"A double chocolate chip frap for the youngens in the middle." Connor joked as he passed us our drinks.

I rolled my eyes as Connor passed out the drinks. I'm running on two hours of sleep...if that, I've barely talked to Andy in the past 24 hours, and I'm NOT a people person. Oh, and I'd love to just sleep all day.

The car ride consisted of Rascal Flatts, Maroon 5, and John Mayer with the guys singing along, at the top of their lungs may I add.

We got to Mariah's house where she, Braiden, Thomas, Chris, Emie, and Yessi were in the backyard by the pool. Braiden was cooking food on the grill. Emie and Chris were cuddled up together in the hammock. Yessi and Thomas were in the pool together. Mariah came over to us and welcomed us all into a hug.

Toby kicked off his sandals and threw his shirt to the side of a lawn chair. He began running with a smirk on his face until he formed his body into the cannonball position. His jump created wave motions throughout the pool and splashed Chris and Emie on the hammock.

"I'm going to get you for that, McDonough" Emie glared.

"Shhh, it's fine. It's hot out here anyways. You're staying here though because I don't want you leaving my side. Plus if you get up I'll be flipped over because the weight would be uneven. So yeah, stay." Chris laughed as he kissed Emie's forehead.

I walked over to a lawn chair and made myself comfortable as I watched everyone else from afar. McKenna and Riley joined Toby and jumped into the water. Connor and Mariah were standing a few feet away from me talking in a hushed tone but loud enough for me to hear them.

"Is everything ready for tonight?" Connor asked with a smile on his face.

"Yeah. Everything is perfect. We just have to wait until tonight when it's dark. She'll have no idea." Mariah responded before walking away.

I raised my eyebrow but tried to avoid looking that way. Well that was suspicious.

The day passed by with everyone just hanging out. I didn't leave the lawn chair very often. Nor did I really talk to people. Everyone besides Emie and Chris were in the pool. By now, the two of them had fallen asleep on the hammock.