Chapter 3: And You Are?

"And you are?" I asked the dark haired boy as I raised an eyebrow and place my hands on my hips.

I looked over to the dirty blonde who was hugging McKenna. Complicated, huh?

"I'm Riley." He flashed a smile in my direction. I just looked at him in confusion.

"And he is?" I asked pointing over to the guy who was still hugging McKenna.

"That's Connor, my brother." Riley informed me.

I nodded by head as I looked back at the menu, still unsure of what to get.

"I'm telling you, get the Double Chocolate Chip Frap. It's one of my favorites." Well isn't he persistent?

"Oh hey Riley dear. What can I get for you today? Your usual? What about the others boys?" The older barista who seemed to be in her forties asked Riley.

"Yes please. All the usuals. We will also take a Double Chocolate Chip Frap for the beautiful lady here and whatever the other two girls would like." Riley looked over at me as the barista nodded with a smile.

Smiling brightly? Beautiful lady? Ordering drinks for me? Is this how everyone in Florida acts?

"So, your usual huh? I assume you come here often?" I questioned Riley.

"I guess you could say that." He laughed as McKenna, Yessi, and who I assume to be Connor walk over to the two of us.

"Ah, so I see you met Riley." McKenna cut in.

"He uhh, ordered my drink for me." I gave a weird expression as I looked back to him. "So who are the 'other guys' that the barista mentioned?" I continued.

"Our brother, Toby. Then a few of our friends, Thomas, Braiden, and Chris." Riley answered as he paid the lady at the cash register.

"So will we see you at the show tonight?" Riley asked McKenna, Yessi, and I.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world!" McKenna smiled as she looked over at Connor.

"Oh, you guys will be there?" I questioned.

"Uh yeah, it's our show." Connor responded with a slight laugh.

Well this is awkward.

"Come on, we gotta go!" A boy yelled from the Starbucks door towards Riley and Connor.

He looked similar to Connor and Riley but he was younger. He had a snapback on his head and an iPhone in his hand. That must be their younger brother.

Connor grabbed the trays full of drinks leaving the three behind for McKenna, Yessi, and I.

"We'll see you after the show! I'll text you later!" Connor smiled to McKenna while walking out the door.

"So....who are they?" I asked as I saw them walking away through the window.

"Connor and Riley. The one at the door was Toby. They're our friends who are in a band. Tonight's their last night of tour and it's a hometown show." Yessi explained.

"Touring? So they must be...well known I guess you could say?"The two nodded as we grabbed our drinks off the counter.

The drink that Riley had ordered seemed rather appetizing. I tried a small bit of it as McKenna and Yessi stared in anticipation.

"Okay, that Riley kid was right." I laughed as I continued tasting the drink.

"Welcome to the addiction." McKenna smiled.

We left the Starbucks right as the doors to the venue opened.

"Come on, let's go up to the balcony. There's some people we want to introduce you to! McKenna smiled as she grabbed my hand and dragged me upstairs.

More people? Do they not understand that coming here was already a lot for me? Ugh.

We walk upstairs to see three guys and two girls along with them. Two seemed as if they were couples by the way they were positioned. The other's face lit up brightly once he saw the three of us walk upstairs.

"Hello, beautiful." A boy said as he kissed Yessi on the cheek and wrapped his arms around her.

"Hey babe. I'd like you to meet Skye. Thomas this is Skye. Skye, this is Thomas, my boyfriend." She said with a smile.

"Nice to meet you." I smiled as I glanced over to the two couples.

"McKenna!!!" A girl with long dark hair yelled as she practically tackled McKenna in a hug.

"Hey!" The two smiled as they hugged and the other girl walked over to us followed by the two boys.

"Skye, I'd like you to meet Mariah and this is Braiden." Braiden smiled as he stood beside Mariah. They were cute together.

"And I'm Emie. This is Chris." She smiled as she pointed over to the tall boy who was fairly skinny.

"Hi Skye!" Chris yelled over to me.

"Hey, so I assume you two are...."

"Together." Emie smiled.

I nodded. I've spent my whole life around the same two people. The first day I come to Florida and I apparently have two friends already and met more people than I can keep track of.

"Well it's so nice to meet you, Skye! That's such a pretty name!" Mariah told me as she welcomed me in a hug.

More hugs.

"So, do you all go to UCF too?" I asked.

"Mariah does. I'll be there next year though, or at least that's the plan!" Emie smiled.

"You'll get in for sure, Emie. Don't doubt yourself!" Chris encouraged her as he kissed her forehead.

So many couples around. I miss Andy.

"And you boys?" I asked.

"We're a part of Before You Exit with Connor, Riley, and Toby. Well Thomas and I are. Chris here is in his own band but he tours with us. We all live here in Orlando though."

"Oh, I see."

Names, who is dating who, bands. So much to remember.

"We gotta get ready though. We'll see you all later after the show! Nice meeting you Skye!" Thomas smiled as he, Braiden, and Chris headed backstage leaving all of us girls upstairs.

This was weird. Being without Andy, not being able to text him, and being around people that I don't even know. My first night in Orlando and I'm here, at a concert with screaming girls below me and I've already met the band they are screaming over. So weird.

"So Skye. Tell us about yourself! Like where are you from?" Emie asked as the others stood around.

"California. I'm here for college. Umm, I have a boyfriend back in California named Andy. That's really about it."

"So you two are having a long distance relationship?! That's so cute and admirable! I understand because the guys tour and I'm away from Braiden but it sucks so it must suck especially when you're here in college and he's there." Mariah mentioned.

"Uh, yeah. It hasn't been a day yet and I miss him. That's kinda why McKenna brought me along." I faked a slight laugh.

The lights dimmed suddenly and the music in the background began to die down. And cue the screams of the girls below. I don't think I have ever heard anything louder in my life. And here we go.

Author's note: Hey guys! So I apologize for the boring chapter but this chapter is kinda to introduce the rest of the characters. Now that everyone is introduced the story will start flowing with my ideas and what not. Although it's boring and nothing really happens, I hope you liked it! Vote, comment, add to reading lists please? Thanks for reading <3 -Cassandra