Chapter Nine

"He's definitely going to kill me now."  Mindy's mind was racing as she walks in front of the ogre through the woods nearby. Earlier Jonah came in with the gun in hand and had threaten to shoot her if she dares to run. Then he unchained her and now they are walking through the forest. He was following her closely behind and he knew that she was scare. Her body was shaking while she was walking.

"Why? Why are you doing this?" Mindy ask as Jonah ties her body against a tree trunk. "What did I ever do to you?"

"You have no right to ask me anything." He finishes tying the rope and walks to stand directly in front of her. He then puts the gun to her face.

"Please..." She plead with her eyes as her voice broke.

He press the cold steel against her temple, all Mindy can do was close her eyes. Tears finally streaming down her face as she did so. Jonah smiles, "do you think I'll let you die this easily after all your father has done?" His voice was low and cold.

Her eyes shot open, "father?" She was confused. Why would her father have anything to do with this? "What did my father ever do to you?"

Jonah backs away putting some distance between them. "That asshole of a man you called father ruin my mother." His voice was steady but his blood was boiling thinking about that man.

"What? You must be mistaken and mixed him up with someone else. My father would never harm anyone or do anything of sorts."

"Do I now, Mindy Ivory Young?"

This was the first time Jonah has mention her name and she was definitely caught off guard. She thought this whole time he's been calling her princess because this was some random act and he didn't have the slightest clue who she was.

"You, Mindy Ivory Young, will pay for your father's doing to my mother," he said as he raised the gun to her. Just then they both hear the hissing of a snake. Mindy's eyes search hastily for where the sound was coming from. Her breath caught when she saw the huge black snake slithering her way.

When Jonah sees the snake, he smiles and brings his gun down to his side. Everything is going accordingly to his plan.

Mindy sees his reaction and knew he must have plan this. He said he wouldn't let her die easily. All the shaking her body was doing before has now gone. She was frozen. She has the worst fear of snakes because as a child she was once bitten and almost die. Being bound to the tree wasn't helping her either. She started to panic.

"Help me! Please h-help me," she cries tears swelling in her eyes. "Please I'll do anything." Her breathing was becoming heavy.

Jonah observes her and sense she must be really scare of snake as the terror in her face now is ten times worst then when he had the gun in her face. "Why should I help you?"

"Please!" she was crying now. "I'm sorry for whatever my father has done. I'll do anything to make up for it. Just please help –"Her voice broke off and she completely froze. The snake was now by her feet slowly wrapping itself around her. She closes her eyes and concentrated on her breathing never before being this frighten in her life.

Jonah lifts his gun, "Anything huh?" He then shoots one bullet into the snakes head killing it instantly.

Mindy opens her eyes at the sound of the gun, but she was still too afraid to move away from the dead snake. Her body started trembling uncontrollably and continues to pour out tears.

Jonah walks over to her saying, "Remember you said you'll do anything." Then he proceeds in untie her. Even after being untied Mindy didn't move staring into the nothingness of the woods. "Hello princess?" He waves his hands in front of her face. He looks to her feet and kicks the dead snake away from her.

As if learning to breathe again, a deep breath escape her lips. Her legs then give out on her and she falls to the floor. Jonah moves to catch her before she hits the ground. Her hands instantly moves to clutch his shirt tightly and her head falls into his chest bursting into cries as if she were a child again.