13) Now I'm Helping A Criminal

Ft. Sirius Black being a Drama Queen

Lily's POV
That night the four of us sat around the fire, the others looking rather dull with the execution tomorrow. Harry broke out of his deep trance at staring at the fire and sluggishly turned to look at me. "What happened earlier, outside the Divination classroom?" He spoke softly and quietly so the other two couldn't hear.

I shrugged, looking at my hands sitting in my lap. "I saw a collection of flashbacks, of mum and dad when zhey grew up, zhen an imagination of what mum thought we would be like when we grew up."

He nodded, a grim smile on his face. "That sounds beautiful."

"There was also this woman, I don't know who she was."

He mused over the statement for a moment before shrugging. "So, what did Malfoy want to talk to you about?"

I spoke loudly to catch everyone's attention. "Vell, he said something-or-razher about how he had managed to get his fazher to cancel Buckbeak's execution."

"What?!" They all screeched sitting up excitedly, gaining weird looks from other Gryffindors scattered about the room. "Like, for real?" Hermione sat forward on her knees almost begging me to tell her it was true.

I nodded, making their smiles become impossibly wider. "Yep, all charges have been dropped. Don't know how he did it, but it's all good. So, how about first thing tomorrow afternoon we run down to Hagrids?"

Each one of them jumped up and hugged me, changing the foreboding mood to one definitely more cheery.

Later that night Hermione and I were the only ones awake in our dorm. She was leaning against her headboard reading some book about Herbology, while I sat on the end of my bed giving my nails a manicure. "Hey Mione, can I tell you something? You have to promise you won't tell the boys?"

She gazed up at me, over the rim of her 'encyclopaedia', before slamming it shut and thankfully not waking any of the girls around us up. "I won't tell them a thing, what is it?"

I glanced up at her, from my nails, applying my first coat of nail polish. "Draco also...admitted something else to me today."

Her eyebrows knotted together. "Oh, so it's Draco now?" I rolled my eyes. "Ok, what was it?"

"Zhat he likes me."

"What?!" She screeched, just like downstairs. I hushed her immediately, inspecting the room for anyone who might have woken up. "What?!" She repeated only this time she whisper-yelled.

I nodded patiently. "I've known for some time, but he finally admitted it and...I might have kissed him."

"You did what?!" She screeches again, again I hushed her.

I grinned teasingly. "Only on zhe cheek, but I get it to your angry at me."

She scoffed. "Oh Lily, Malfoy hadn't been the nicest to me, but he wouldn't tell you he liked you if he was all bad. I'm sure you could turn him good. I'm not angry at you, I say go for it, if that's what makes you happy and who knows, maybe we'll meet a new side of Draco."

"Ha! You just called him Draco." Now it was her turn to roll her eyes. "But zhank you, Mione, it means a lot. I'm actually worried about what Harry will zhink."

"Lil, don't worry about Harry, if anyone can handle an ex, an enemy and an overprotective brother, it'll be you. Plus Harry can't choose who you like."

I smile over at her. "Zhanks. Hey, what happened in Divination zhis afternoon?"

She sighed, opening up her book again. "Like Snape said, I pride myself on being a know-it-all, but Divination I do not see the point of, I fail it. I just want to do well, please my parents and show the world that I might be muggle-born, but I'm smart."