7) Do You Trust Me?

Ft. Fred Weasley

Lily's POV
I came out of Arithmancy and watched Hermione run down the end of a corridor and disappear. I turned away and planned a relaxing Friday afternoon while I had my free. I decided to go down to the Black Lake, though it was too cold to swim due to winter looming closer. I wouldn't exactly want to go swimming in their either, probably full of sirens(mermaids), merpeople, Grindylows and Kappas.

We had just started learning about Kappas in DADA, they were creepy water-dwelling creatures, resembling scaly monkeys, with webbed hands liking to strangle unsuspecting waders in their ponds.

It was so peaceful and calm by the water in the sun, letting the wind blow my hair in all sorts of directions. I laid out on the soft springy grass, looking out across the shining still water, at the mountains which were about to have snow settle on them.

My thoughts went to Harry who was extremely excited about the upcoming Quidditch season and he was training three evenings a week already. I had informed him I had never ridden a broom before, the reason I didn't try out for the team, and he insisted he teach me. He asked me how I had found riding Buckbeak so natural and I told him I used to ride Pegasus' at Beauxbatons and play Cloud Jumping and Air Polo.

I was more excited, however, about tomorrow, Fred and I would be going on our date. I had Olympe sign my Hogsmeade form before I left, however, Harry still hadn't had his signed, which made me feel slightly guilty.

I decided to at least start on the weeks worth of homework, the first thing being the star charts from Astronomy and then onto the summary for Lupin.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"These visits to Hogsmeade village, are a privilege. Should your behaviour reflect poorly on the school, in any way, this privilege shall not be extended again." I shoved Harry forward encouragingly and he walked up to McGonagall, but she immediately shut him down. "No permission slips signed, no visiting the village, that's the rule Potter."

"All those with permission are allowed to go, all those without stay put." Filch announced.

Harry looked at us and shook his head disappointedly. I gave him an apologetic look, but he waved me off. "Go."

I turned to Fred with a soft smile, who took my hand and lead me off towards the village, keeping up a steady stream of conversation. His large hand warmed my smaller one easily and he had to hunch over slightly to hear me properly over the howling wind, though there was no snow.

Groups started to form as we followed the older experienced students along the winding road to Hogsmeade. Hermione, Ron and a couple other Gryffindors were walking a fair way behind us, but I could feel their curious, nosy gazes watching us.

"Well I need to get Stink Pellets from Zonko's to annoy Filch, but I thought we'd stop here first."

We had entered the village and stopped outside a shop with a sign dangling over the front door, reading 'Gladrags Wizardwear'.

I looked at him curiously as he held the door open for me. "Do you trust me?"

I nodded and he gestured inside. He guided me past shelves of bright traditional robes and singing witches hats and brought me to the back of the store where a bunch of grumbling socks, hung from hooks.

A label was plastered above them 'Horrible Socks', each had different personalities and colours, some male and female voices were emitting from the socks and complaint about various things.