The invite

It was a few days later now. And the school cafeteria was filled with people talking. I was half listening to Eddy planning out, heaven knows what this time. But my main attention was getting lost in my own, many thoughts. Since it was Autumn, that meant that it was football season. Kevin had his last homecoming game coming up that he will ever play in high school. I've never been one into sports, but I did want to go to support him, even if I wouldn't be able to celebrate with him like normal couples do after a game. Or comfort him after a loss; but I don't think they have to worry about losing. The thought had me laughing to myself, I'm sounding as cocky as my boyfriend himself. Unfortunately, even though I would love to go and be like a normal couple. He would probably be with his team and group of friends, and I would be with mine. Like it always is.

I looked up from my food and scanned the cafeteria till my eyes stopped at Kevin's table. Filled with jocks and cheerleaders. He seem to have had a girl sitting on both sides of him every day during lunch. Even though he was rough around the edges, he looked happy in this surrounding environment he was in. Kevin's eyes met with mine and he gave me a faint smile. I returned it with a smile of my own, hoping he could read the "I love you" message speaking through my eyes. His attention was quickly taken away when Nazz hung on him, joking about something. Jealousy filled my body as I watched the friendly blonde wrap her arms around his neck from behind and smiling her perfectly straight smile at him.  I know they were good friends, but did she have to be that close? I let out an unpleasing sigh and went back to poking my food, suddenly losing the little appetite that I had.

"Double D, are you going to eat that?" Ed said while basically putting his finger on the gravy covered turkey sandwich that the cafeteria tried to pass up as food.

Filthy germs.

I plastered a quick fake smile on my face while pushing the tray. "I do not plan to consume this, you may have it Ed."

My jealousy slowly melted from my body and was replaced by amusement as I watched Ed light up over the food. How something so small and simple could cause such joy in this boys heart was delightful. The amusement lived short though as Ed began to stuff the food in his mouth, leading to more of a feeling of disgust.

"What's your problem sockhead?" Eddy raised a brow towards me. "You've been quiet all week."

"I have? I have not noticed. My apologizes, everything is fine." I put that fake gap tooth smile back on. I have been lost in thought most of this week. I didn't know it was that noticeable.

"Right... Anyway! About my next plan! So my idea is tha-.."

"Hey dorks!" Kevin's voice echoed through my ears while I turned to see him and Nazz making their way over here. Nazz arms were around one of Kevin's arms as he had his hands stuffed in his pockets. I felt the jealousy starting to rise up again. I quickly turned back around, acting like I haven't noticed them, when clearly they know I have.

Eddy rolled his eyes. "Oh great. What do you want Kevin?"

"Be nice dork or I'll beat your face in. Nazz wanted me to come with her to invite you to her party."

Nazz voice was covered with excitement but still had its pretty melody that it always had. "Yeah dudes! Since its like, our last year and all, after the homecoming game I'm having a party at my place! Like you guys should totally come!"

Eddy voice rang in even more excitement accepting the offer to the party. And Ed's voice obediently followed the same joy as Eddy's.

"So all you dorks going to be there?" Kevin glanced down at me, catching on to the fact that I was ignoring him.

"I guess we'll go even if you're there." Eddy said sharply towards Kevin.

Kevin just rolled his eyes in response and leaned over me to look at my face. I tried not to blush as our eyes met. Those powerful green eyes could melt me away in a second.

"Y-yes Kevin?"

He smirked that devilish smile. "I need you to help me with one of my math papers Double Dweeb. I left it in my locker though, so come with me."

I stood up and ignored Eddy's rejection for me towards Kevin  I followed closely behind Kevin, keeping my gaze at our feet as we walked out of the cafeteria. We walked down the hall, pass Kevin's locker, and to one of the boys bathrooms that were not used as much as the others in the school. After he carefully checked to see if there was anyone else in the bathroom, Kevin lips softly pressed against mine.

"What's wrong with my dork?" He said sweetly as he wrapped his arms loosely around my hips.

I crossed my arms and huffed. "Must you call me that? And nothing is wrong." I felt Kevin's warm, soft lips press into the side of my neck. My body started to heat up as my checks turned pink.

Curses.

"Are you going to cheer me on at my game Friday night?" Kevin said in a low mumble against my neck.

"I will think about it. I do not think you need any more cheerleaders though, seeing how you have quite a few already." I felt his grip tighten around my hips from slight frustration from my answer, then soften again.

"I want my boyfriend there cheering me on."

"Ah, indeed. But remember how no one knows I am your said boyfriend."

"But I can still look up at you in the stands and know you're there for me. We can even skip Nazz's party after and go celebrate on our own."

My cheeks flushed even more at the loving gesture. "Are you sure?"

"Of course babe! Just you and me." A smile flashed across his face and my cross arms began to drop. God I love that smile.

"What if you lose?"

Kevin began to laugh. "Like that'll happen!! But if by some miracle it did. Then it'll still be you and me, but we'd need to score some beers."

I chuckled a little and wrapped my arms around Kevin's neck, embracing him tightly. Sure we were of two different worlds it may seem, but our worlds collided perfectly together.

"Hey, Edd."

"Yes Kevin?"

His arms tighten around me. "I love you too." 

A smile danced across my face as I held onto my lover. Closing my eyes and letting out a joyful sigh. Yes, this just felt right.