Chapter 24 - Break

Start from the beginning

When everything was almost done, as I couldn't wait to scrutinize myself, I looked at myself in my whole-body mirror and I was shocked to see my reflection there. It looked like it wasn't I who I was staring at. Was I seeing a Greek nymph in front of me?

The delicate gown flowing down to my silver stilleto heels perfectly flaunted my slim figure. Being sleeveless, figure-hugging and low-cut in the front, its upper part flaunted the hollow crease in between my breasts. When I turned around, I was stunned to see that my back to my waistline was totally bare. The upper portion, which was made of a silver fabric, was fully decorated with silver embellishments that I looked very expensive! Its lower part, the section from the waist to the hemline, was floor length and all-black, with a high slit on the left showing a portion of my left thigh. I was in total awe about myself! I looked like the sexiest princess on earth!

My hair, the upper portion of which was pinned at the back to clear my face from distractions, was just hang loose at my back. The silver dangling earrings plus the make-up on my face, though unfinished, made me look very sophisticated already. I didn't know I could look this beautiful!

Minutes later, a maid knocked on the door announcing that the Master of the Fields had already arrived. Mom told me that he wasn't using his car this time. Hiring a private pilot, Nigel was using his newly bought chopper. Seriously? Getting even richer now, huh?

When we went to the balcony of my room, mom and I saw the landing of the chopper on the palacio ground. Some of the servants ran towards it to help carry Nigel's things. Finally, he came down but it was too far for me to see his face clearly. I hadn't actually seen him for a long time already. When I left the condo for my short vacation here, we hadn't seen each other for two weeks already. As I said, he had been avoiding me ever since that time I had that flu. I missed him so much.

Mom told me to do the finishing touches on my face while she went to welcome him.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

"Are you ready, darling?" I heard mom call from behind the door.

"Yeah, mommy."

I went out of my room and she seemed awestruck staring at me. "Oh, darling! You're what exactly I picture out for my perfect daughter-in-law! You look amazing!"

When I swirled in front of her to show off to her once more the gown she gave me, mom gasped as she got a glimpse of my back, "You've got gorgeous skin, darling. Very beautiful. I'm so proud you've grown this beautiful."

Seconds later, both of us traversed the winding staircase down to the living room where Nigel, as mom said, was waiting for me.

Indeed, he was there standing with his black tailored suit. He looked very clean favored and, of course, I would never fail to mention, very strikingly handsome. I had to take a deep breath as soon as my eyes beheld his appearance. Only the great Nigelito Joaquin Saavedra Sarmiento could make me feel this way.

When my heels made some landing sounds on each single stair, all people in the living room ceased their activities and all their eyes were on me --- the servants who were there at that moment cleaning, Elena who was passing by and carrying a bundle of flowers, Diego who was trailing behind her bringing a large flower vase probably for the dining table, and Nigel who was standing by the grandfather clock. He was, at first, watching intently the time the clock was showing; but, when he heard my footsteps and mom's, he immediately looked up to me on the staircase and our eyes met... like it was a natural thing for the both of us to do.

We locked each other's gazes and I couldn't tell how many minutes we spent in staring, even as I was stepping down the stairs. I felt the goosebumps were all over me. He was the most handsome guy in the world... for me.

Mom and I went closer to him in the living room, near the grandfather clock and I still couldn't take my eyes off of him.

"Okay, enough with your exchange of stares. You're making me giggle," mom exclaimed and both Nigel and I turned to her.

Nigel cleared his throat and said in a husky voice, "So, we're leaving now, mom."

"Yeah, of course. Enjoy!" Mom said in a teasing tone.

"Bye, mommy." I kissed her in the cheeks.

Then, I glanced at Nigel and I caught him staring at me. Staring at me when I wasn't looking at him? Really?

He looked away and walked out first choosing to go through the patio, not through the gigantic main door. Wasn't he going to wait for me?

I almost ran to keep up with his long strides. It wasn't easy for me to walk that fast for I wasn't too comfortable wearing very high heels. But I tried my best to manage it.

When he reached the car parked outside, he immediately got into the driver's seat. So, he was to drive tonight. It would mean there would only be the two of us tonight. Trying myself not to stumble, I lifted up the skirt of my gown with my right hand and walked slowly towards the passenger side. Standing before it, I had a hard time thinking how to open the door with my right hand lifting my gown and my left hand clasping my silver clutch bag.

So Nigel wasn't going to open the door for me, was he? He was inside trying not to care at all. So handsome yet so ungentlemanly!

Suddenly and thankfully, Diego whom I noticed was at the living room a while ago came after and opened the door for me.

"Thank you so much, Diego," I exclaimed in relief.

"Anything for you, my lovely señorita," Diego said smilingly, blushing and showing his dimple in his left cheek.

When I was finally inside the car, Diego closed the door for me. Nigel, on the other hand, was watching me with his disdainful eyes.

"What the hell was that?" he asked.

"What?" I didn't know what he was asking about.

"You flirted with each other in my presence! How impervious!" he muttered clenching his jaws.

What? Flirting with each other in his presence? Was he jealous?

Oh, my God! Miracle!

"Are you jealous?" I asked seeking his eyes. But he looked at the opposite direction.

Nigel just clenched his teeth, didn't reply, and started to drive the car.

Whatever he was thinking right now bothered the wits out of me. If he was jealous, why couldn't he just say it? If he was indeed jealous, that meant he had feelings for me. If he was really, really JEALOUS, then I had to explain to him for the nth time that Diego wasn't my boyfriend!

If he wasn't jealous, why did he have to get angry all of a sudden? If he indeed wasn't jealous, that meant his being angry now wasn't making any sense. If he really, really was NOT JEALOUS, then he had to stop clenching those damn teeth of his!

No, no, no... I should refrain from getting angry now. I had to keep my composure or else it would ruin my beauty. So I just rested my case and pretended nothing happened.

Moments later, I decided to talk.

"Thank you very much for your donation to the provincial social welfare department, Nigel. It'd mean a lot to the children."

I heard him drew a deep breath before he spoke, "Anything for you, my lovely princess." He cast me a scornful look and his tone --- he was copying Diego's tone a while ago! Only that he replaced the señorita with a princess!

He couldn't really get it over, huh?

Was Nigel really jealous?

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

A/N

Would you like Nigel to be jealous? Post a comment! Come on!

Thank you all for your wonderful support. Please keep on VOTING, COMMENTING, and SHARING!

MERRY CHRISTMAS, everyone!!!

Hay, dili lalim mag-iningles pirme oi... iisa ang kamot sa nakasabot!

Lovelots,
(sapphiregirl22) ~_^