Chapter 14 - Mario's Party

Start from the beginning

And just as I completely accepted the fact that it was a dream, my eyes flew open. The sun was already out and It seemed like it wasn't morning but around noon now.

Wiping the sweat from my forehead, I couldn't believe I slept so long.

As I got up from the bed, I realized that today was Friday. It was the day of Mario's party and the day at the end of which we would finally be leaving for Alabama.

Mario called me that afternoon to confirm that I and Harry were coming to his party, since he planned on finalizing everything there too. 

Around eight'o clock Harry came over to pick me up, he was well dressed in some formal dress pant.

"Why are you dressed so formal?" I asked him, looking at my own clothes. I was wearing a red t-shirt with a simple blue jeans.

"Formal attracts" He grinned and I shook my head.

Letting my parents know that we're leaving, we were on our way to Mario's house.

"What is up with every one other than us living in a mansion?" Harry whined once Mario's house was in our sight.

"I wish I knew" I agreed, looking up at the huge house that was in front of us. Calling it huge was the biggest underestimate of the century. 

As soon as we were inside the house, my eyes automatically spotted Mario standing next to the bar with a drink in his hand.

I made my way to him followed by Harry shortly.

"So everything is ready?" Mario asked once we were done with our greetings.

"Yeah" I nodded. 

After a while Mario took me and Harry to an empty room in his house to finalize the plan as he said we will.

"So what time do we leave tonight?" He asked.

"Three am" I told him and he nodded.

There was a knock on the door.

"Come in" Mario said as if he was expecting someone, and he probably was because when Marilyn walked into the room he smiled at her.

"I was waiting for you" He said.

I and Harry both looked at Mario at the same time, as if to ask her what she was doing here. 

"Oh I forgot to tell you guys" He smiled "I invited her along too" 

"What?" Harry almost shouted.

"Yeah. She was Evelyn's best friend. If anything, she deserves to go more than us" He explained.

"Who gave you the right to do that?" Harry said, pissed off.

"Calm down Harry" I told Harry before turning to Mario "Does she know everything?" I asked him.

"Funny how people are talking about me like I am not even in the room" She said as she took a seat next to Mario on the bed.

I sighed. "Okay, do you know everything Marilyn?" I said now directing my question directly at her.

"I do mostly" She answered "And I want to come to Alabama to see what we find there related to Evelyn too, please" She pleaded.

"So much for trusting Miss peach's lover" Harry said sarcastically, using another Mario/Luigi reference.

And for a moment, I saw guilt flash through Mario's eyes.

"I suppose Marilyn can come along" I agreed at which she cheered, Mario smiled and Harry groaned.

"It will be four of us then" I said.

As the words were out of my mouth, we heard the sound of flushing of a toilet and the door to the attached bathroom of the room flew open.

All four pairs of eyes went to the door and we saw Ben Radar coming out, closing the open zipper of his jeans.

"Did you hear anything?" Mario asked referring to the conversation we were having.

"Is it really my fault that these walls are very thin?" He shrugged.

"You can not tell anyone" Mario warned him.

"I won't" He promised and I sighed with relief "Only if you guys take me along" He said afterwards.

"No freaking way" Harry stood up with his hands in the air.

"We do not have any other option" Marilyn shrugged looking at me.

I said nothing but looked at Ben for a few seconds, and then he smiled.

He knew that he had won the argument.

"I will leave with my mom's van at two thirty am, and pick you all up. I request that none of us sleeps tonight, as if we can not afford to be even a minute late. Everything is planned. We must be on the road by three" I started explaining and went on, telling them little details of our plan.

This night was probably going to be the longest night of my life ever.