//Two // Maiya's POV//

Start from the beginning

***

Sometime later I found myself clean and in a black long sleeved shirt and very comfortable form fitting black pants with black boots.

I piled my long, white hair atop of my head in a bun, uninterested in dealing with the mess.

When I reentered the room, I saw Kylo sitting in the chair, his back to me and his helmet off.

"Kylo?"

He didn't turn, but he raised his head up slightly. "Uh, you're done already?"

Back home we tried our best to conserve what little water we had, so I didn't waste water much, even if there was plenty to do so.

I mumbled a response as I stared down at my feet. He slipped his helmet back on before standing up and walking over to me. "You clean up nicely."

I snorted. I didn't expect him to say that, which I think was a compliment.

"Yeah, well... Thanks?"

He straightened. "You can't leave the room... Yet."

I sighed. "There isn't anything to do in here... If you spared me just to be miserable-"

"No no, I.... Look, we'll figure something out. Just please bear with me, hm?"

I stared up at his mask. I could feel eyes on me. And I found myself wondering what they looked like, what I'd see if I stared into them....

As he tilted his head to the side, my cheeks turned a fiery shade of red. Did he hear anything I thought just then?

He breathed deeply. "I have things I have to go do. We'll talk when I get back, okay? Please just..."

I looked down at my feet. "I'll behave, promise. Not real sure what you're worried I'd do.."

Nothing else was said as he left the room.

***

At some point I fell asleep, desperate to escape the overwhelming sense of tedium.
But it wasn't peaceful.

Fire engulfed my family's home. I heard faint screams, though the roar of the flames is all I could really hear. "Ma!" 

Flames licked at my flesh, searing me. I screamed in pain and fear as sweat poured down my face. I was scared, and couldn't see what was where. 

But before the flames engulf me entirely, a tall figure in black storms into my room, the fire dancing away from him, creating a path as he walks towards me. He picks me up with ease, rescuing me from my certain death.

***

I awoke to someone shouting my name and shaking me. My eyes snapped open wide as my heart raced. I reached out for the person nearest to me and curled against their chest as I snapped my eyes shut once more, trying to calm myself down. That dream was an altered memory... 

Rough hands softly smoothed my now fallen hair and rubbed my back gently. "You're okay. It was just a dream."

I slowly opened my eyes as I realized it was Kylo holding me. The same Kylo I dreamed of rescuing me from the fire that took my family so long ago...
I wanted to pull away from him desperately, but for now he was all that anchored me to the realm of the awakened. "It was a memory," I whispered hoarsely.