62 - outer space / carry on

Start from the beginning

Or if we were even the type of anything under the couple category.

I mean.. I didn't want to be entitled to anything that showed commitment like.. Girlfriend.

I guess I was alike to Jenna, Rose, and Cara in a way.

We all didn't like the idea of being entitled as someone's possession or something, in that matter.

That probably explained why my past relationships just never felt right at all.

"Just go talk to Luke, please. Just make him feel better." I sighed.

"Cara isn't coming back, you know?" She shrugged. "What am I supposed to tell him? The only thing that'll get him through is the thought of Cara coming back, she isn't. She's moved on.'' She frowned, shaking her head as she sat up.

"We don't know that for sure.. For all we know, Cara could be going through hell just like him."

"She would at least tell us if she was. She doesn't give a damn."

My eyes softened as I swallowed hard.

Did Cara really just.. Not care anymore?

Did she really want to move on from the band, from Luke, from the boys, that much?

I was starting to slowly agree with Rose as the thoughts sunk in deeper.

"But I'll talk to him. To put him out of his misery." Rose sighed.

I nodded once as she patted my leg and stood up to go check on him.

As soon as she did, I bit my lip nervously, going to the sofa that Calum was asleep on.

Sitting down next to him, he wakes up as soon as he feels me next to him, lifting his head.

"Hey." He smiled, tilting his head slightly.

"Hi." I glanced, returning the smile.

His tired brown eyes meet mine, and yawned, closing them again.

"Really tired, huh?"

"Yeah. These past few days have all been about getting this tour to be how we want it and I haven't been getting much sleep."

"Well, take some time off." I mumbled. "You know the number one rule is to please yourself before pleasing the band."

I thought over those words, furrowing my eyebrows when I realized that was probably why Cara had to leave.

She had to put herself first.

"Hey, Cal could I ask you something? And I need you to be completely honest."

"Yeah, shoot." He stared down at me.

"Do you think Cara's going to ever come back? Or even talk to us again?"

He sighed, frowning. "If she really loves you guys, and puts all the drama aside someday, then yeah. No doubt she'll come back."

"I just miss her a lot. And I know Jenna does to, she is just so good at hiding it. I can't do that." I chuckled lightly.

"Well, it might take some time for Jenna and Cara to make up after everything with them going on.. But it'll get better. She just might need some time to think it over."

"That made me feel ten times better." I cracked a grin, leaning an elbow on the couch.

"I'm glad." He nodded, pursing his lips.

"Um.."

"Would it be totally out of nowhere if I just kissed you right now?"

"Well.. No. I'd like that." I murmured, as Calum laughed, his eyes slightly crinkling at the sides.