Seventh Day of Christmas

On the seventh day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...

I walked through the park beside Marie, trying to stick close to her, in case the monsters were waiting to eat me. She threw me an annoyed glance every so often, and I knew she hated having me tag along with her. My father had given us an invitation to get out of the house for the day, by going to the nearby park's Christmaspalooza. It wasn't so much of an offer, but an order. My stepmother was in an extra cranky mood today, and it seemed like he didn't want to be around her all day. Five minutes into the drive to the park, he got a phone call from work, and had to go to an emergency meeting right away. So he had dropped us off at the part, saying that he would be back in time to pick us up and take us home. Something in my gut told me that we would be walking instead.
I stuck near her, scanning the area for the monster elves, flinching every time I saw someone in the green outfit, only to see normal, smiling faces staring back at me.
I felt like I was going crazy, imagining them everywhere, only I knew I wasn't insane. The monsters were very real.

I got a cup of eggnog that someone was giving out, drinking it as we explored the park and their over cheerful decorations. I definitely wasn't feeling the Christmas spirit, not with evil elves wanting to eat me. We saw that they had some paddle boats out on the lake that were shaped like swans, seven in total.
I stood in line with Marie, waiting for our boat. Someone dressed as an elf directed us into the boat, his face shielded as he pushed the boat away from the dock with his foot, allowing us to start paddling.
As my feet started moving on the pedals, I caught a look at him face.
It was one of them, the horrid beasts after me. The more I looked down the dock, the more of them I saw, all slowly turning to watch me, now trapped out on the lake in a swan boat.
I pedaled faster, like it would get me away from them. Could they leap 15 feet off the dock and into the swan boat? Would they eat me alive in front of all of these people?
They were showing their intelligence and strength. Was this a threat of some kind? That if they couldn't get me, then they would kill everyone around us?
I hadn't realized that my breathing had became erratic as I pedaled, it was no use, it felt like I was going nowhere, no matter how much effort I put in it.
Tears flooded my eyes from fear and hopelessness.
No matter where I ran or hid, they would always find me.
Just looking into their eyes told me that I was already dead.