I really wanted to stay and curse both Joey and Cortez out, but I felt like I was about to burst and I just wanted to cry.

I was suppose to go to me and Arie's apartment tonight so we could finish decorating the place, but I decided to go to my mom's house instead. I needed her right now.

"What's up ugly?" Miles greeted me as soon as I walked into the house.

"Hey." I said trying to plaster a small smile on to my face at him, Uncle Mogul, and Dad Ron.

"What's wrong?" They all ask.

"Nothing. Where's mom?"

"Upstairs. No really what's wrong young girl?"

"Nothing, it's fine." I said before heading upstairs.

"Mom!" I called walking into her room.

"I'm right here Kaelyn." She said walking out their closet. "Look I got you, Ar', and Bre these-" She stopped once she seen me. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." I mumbled putting my head down as I tear that I was trying my hardest to hold in fell.

"Kaelyn what's wrong?" She asks coming over lifting my face making me break down as I told her.

"My feelings are hurt. Corey had a asthma attack, was in the hospital, and I didn't even get fuckin phone call. I might sound crazy, but I don't care. That boy is my heart. I might not be his mom-"

"You are his mom." She said cutting me off. "You're the one in his life day in and day out. You've been there since he was a couple weeks old. You are his mother figure. You, only you."

I wipe my eyes trying to calm down as I nodded.

"Did you go see him?" She asks wiping my face.

"Of course." I said. "He's okay right now, he has a doctor's appointment tomorrow so we'll know even more then. I'ma skip my morning class to go."

She nodded this time. "Did you talk to Joey?"

"Not yet, I left after Corey fell asleep. I was upset and wanted to cry that's not a good combination. Like I understand in the moment of an emergency like that you're not thinking about anything else, but okay let me get my son to help. But I would think eventually after he was taken care of, even if it was as they were waiting for discharge papers one of them would be like, oh shit I gotta call Kae, but nothing. I had to hear from Jamal."

"I honestly don't think it was intentional Kae."

"I don't either, I understand, but I can't help that I'm in my feelings about it."

"What you need to do is completely calm down then talk to Joey."

"I know and I will. I'm staying here tonight tho."

"Okay. I cooked already if you want something."

"Probably later. Thanks for listening to my pity party. Love you." I said sighing.

She laughed, "You so extra. Love you too."

"So you just leave me hanging?" Arie asks coming into my room an hour later.

"I meant to call you, but I don't even know where my phone is." I said before telling her about today.

"So my nephew is okay, right?" She asks.

"Yeah other than finding out he has asthma today. I was gonna stay the night with him, but I didn't wanna stay crying my eyes out in front of him with my worrisome ass."