Chapter ① Karamatsu Girl?

You were new around town, and had moved across the street in a pretty residential area. Japan was bigger than you expected so it would take some getting used to. There was a bridge nearby with water that sparkled beautifully.

Your attire consisted of a neat off the shoulder sweater, black pleated skirt, and laced shoes with fur at the tips. You pinned your (H/C) hair at the back into a messy bun.

Once you checked yourself out in the mirror, you began your short journey to the bridge. Your mind was filled with all possibilities of what the people were like and if you'd get to know your neighbors. You were often shy at times and became nervous when having to speak to others. Hopefully your move would help you make friends.

You walked slowly up the narrow bridge, admiring the scenery. The air was quiet except for the rustling of leaves nearby. The sun shone confidently above you as you continued walking. Peeking out the corner of your (E/C) orbs, you noticed an unusually dressed man slumped over the arm of the bridge, looking out over the town.

His shades hid his eyes, so you couldn't get a good look at his face. He wore a leather jacket, complete with denim jeans and chestnut dress shoes. You  almost wondered why anyone would wear so many layers in this heat.

You thought nothing of it, but couldn't keep yourself from glancing over at him  every once and a while. When you weren't staring at the strange man, your eyes wandered to the pearly oasis pitted beneath you both. Once, you caught him looking right at you, and you turned to confront him.

Before you could ask anything, he removed his shades so that they were in his hair. His eyes shone confidently as he made eye contact once again.

"Ahh I see you have caught me, Miss. I do apologize if I made you uncomfortable." He chuckled, his voice deeper you would have anticipated.

"I-It's fine. . ." You said quietly, admiring his stature.

He looked young for his age and spoke politely with a slight accent. Observing him with a nod, you heard him speak up again.

"A pretty lady like yourself shouldn't travel alone.~ Are you all by yourself?" He stood up a little so that he was turned toward you.

You nodded, biting your lip in response.

"Yes, I'm new here." You answered nervously.

"Ah, I see. You didn't look like you were from here." He smirked a little.

You could have said the same thing to him, but you dismissed the thought. His style was a bit old-fashioned, almost a decade late compared to what people wore these days. You concluded that he was probably reliving the 80s and wasn't very trendy with the here and now looks.

"Are you from around this town?" You bravely tried to start a conversation.

"Yes, I'm guessing you are as well?" A  smile coated his lips.

You nodded once again, surprised to hear this. You wondered how close he lived nearby, but you were too nervous to ask. Mentally kicking yourself, he stood up fully this time, lifting his arms from the bridge.

"Well, it looks like I should be going now. It was nice meeting you . . ." His voice trailed off as he waited for your name.

"O-Oh it's _____. " You told him hurriedly.

"Beautiful name. I hope we meet again soon." He said as he walked past you.

He stopped suddenly to face you. He drew himself into a pose that looked like he practiced everyday.

"Oh, I didn't tell you mine," he paused, "call me Karamatsu."

The name rung in your ears as you watched him make his departure. You too had a feeling you both would meet again.