I received a quick phone call from Liam and Sophia, where they sang Happy Birthday to me and another brief call from Chris to wish me a happy birthday. All of them were busy and needed to get back to what they were doing but it felt nice to know I was in their thoughts.

Luke texted me telling me he had gotten off early and to come right home after I got off, which I had intentions of doing anyways. I caught the bus to my apartment and although Luke's car was in the parking lot, he wasn't immediately in the living room like he normally was.

"Luke?" I called through our small apartment and he emerged from the hallway and smiled at me.

"Happy birthday Tay!" he came and wrapped his arms around me in a warm satisfying Luke hug and let me go.

"Ashton made dinner plans for 6 so I need to go get ready," I said, walking to my bedroom.

I opened the door and walked inside, stopping in my tracks and practically screaming.

"KITTY!" I ran over to my bed and scooped up the orange ball of fur playing with a feathery toy sitting on it.

It looked up at me with green eyes and mewed softly, and I squealed at the high pitched noise.

"Luke! Oh my god, this is the best birthday present ever!" I turned around and he was standing in the doorway smiling at me. I set the kitten back down on my bed it and ran and chased the toy again, bouncing on its little paws.

"Isn't she precious?" Luke said as I pet her, making her purr quietly.

"Does she have a name?" I asked.

"Not yet," Luke said. "You can name her."

"I want to name her Chloe," I said. "Oh my god, I love cats so much."

"She'll be here when you get home," Luke said. "You have dinner plans with Ashton remember?"

"Yes, you're right," I said. "I want to make sure I look nice for that tonight."

I let Luke take care of Chloe, informing me that he was going to keep her litter box in the bathroom while I decided to keep the skirt and shirt I was already wearing and went in to touch up my hair and makeup.

I heard a knock on the door as I was putting my earrings back in and came out to open the door and see Ashton standing.

"Happy birthday Taylor Parks," he smiled, leaning down to kiss me.

"I'm almost ready, I just need to put my shoes on," I said and sat down to pull on my heels and wrapped my jacket around myself.

"We're heading out," I said to Luke as he walked in from the kitchen smiling.

"I know. Be safe!" He threw something at me that hit me in the face and ran down to the hallway to hide.

I picked up the package from the ground and realized it was a condom. I rolled my eyes.

Ashton bursted out laughing and Luke stuck his head around the corner to look at my reaction.

"Hey Luke, we really appreciate your concern but I think you're the one who's going to need them. Have fun with Calum!" Ashton threw the condoms back at Luke and grabbed my arm, pulling me out of the apartment door and laughing as we hurried to the elevator.

"I have to say, that was a pretty good comeback," I said when we were on the road.

"Well I bet he won't tease us about that anymore now," he laughed. "He is definitely something else."

"He's a pain in the ass is what he is!" I said. "He is so annoying, oh my god."

"He can't be that bad," Ashton said.