Old Friend (Ch. 9)

October, 1975

Paul jogged out of his home with a guitar case in his hand, a grin spread amongst his face.

Shit, he was excited.

Excited ever since John had spoken to him over the phone, Christ, they haven't spoken to each other in what felt like years.
Paul felt like flying through the clouds at the moment, he was going to see his friend again.

His old friend...

After the walk, Paul made it to John's apartment, nodding at the gob-smacked employees as he made his way to the elevator, his heart pounding weakly. He took a few deep breaths as he stepped out of the elevator and was now walking slowly to John's room.

He set his guitar case on the ground, staring at the white door in front of him.

There was a long moment of silence before he knocked softly on the door, picking up his guitar, rocking nervously on his heels.

There were a few footsteps and the door opened, revealing his beautiful friend.

"John" Paul breathed, a smile tugging on his lips.

"Paul" John grinned widely, pulling Paul into a huge hug.

They stayed like that for a lot longer than intending to.

Paul squeezed his eyes shut, rubbing his friend's bony back.

Shit, he'd gotten skinny.

When they pulled away, John looked at Paul up and down with almost teary eyes.

"Christ Paul, its been a while" He chuckled.

"I know" Paul laughed, rubbing his head. "So where's the baby??" He practically blurted out.

The smile was instantly wiped off John's face.

Paul didn't even wait for an answer and walked past the older man, eyeing the very white apartment. Paintings were hung up on every corner of the neat flat.

Paul whistled.

"He's....er....sleeping" John then answered, sitting on the couch.

"'S alright. I can wait" Paul grinned toothily, sitting next to his old bandmate.

"Can ye?" John raised an eyebrow. Something sparked in his mood. He couldn't point it out though...

"'Course" Paul answered, very giddy.

"'ows Linda?" John asked.

"Oh she's fantastic. Very good. How's Yoko?"

"She's alright, another business trip and of course, I'm left with the baby." John rolled his eyes.

"That's good, I s'pose you need to spend time with yer kids, right John?"

John narrowed his eyes and crossed his arms, leaning back.

"What's that s'pose to mean?"

"Nothin'. How's Jules?" Paul cocked his head.

"How am i-"

John was interrupted by a loud shriek of crying, Paul jumped up and chased after the crying that echoed through the empty house.
John blinked and sighed, following after Paul.

He found Paul in Sean's small room, bended over the crib and talking to the baby.

"Oh my god, he's precious...Yer so beautiful ya'know? Jus' like yer daddy. Oh yes you are..." He cooed.