Don't Leave Us, Daddy (Chp. 6 Part 2)

1968

*Julian's POV*

"Mummy, where are we goin'?"

"We're going to Grandpa's house, Jules"

Julian sat back in his seat and stared out the window, watching trees and houses pass by.

Daddy and Mommy have fought before, a lot actually.

But this time was different.

And that was all Jules can conclude.

They stayed in Grandpa's house for a while, a few days, then they moved into a new flat.

Julian was confused.

Why would they move into a brand new house?

Mummy was distant, she hardly gave Jules the love he needed, and that hurt, terribly.

~

Paul got into his car and tapped on the steering wheel, he hasn't seen John in a week, he wasn't showing up to the sessions.

He had now began a new relationship with a woman named Linda, she was sweet and kind. She helped Paul.

Though, it didn't feel like enough.

Paul turned on his car and drove, he knew where he had to go.

"Hey Jules..." He sang softly. Paul watched the many trees and houses pass by.

"Don't make it bad..."

Hopefully, and despite everything, Jules will learn how to cope.

"Take a sad song, and make it better..."

Paul grinned in inspiration. He hummed a soft tune, trying to put a song together.

~

Julian was sitting down, playing with his toys -although he had left a lot of them in his old house- when the doorbell rang.

Julian jumped up in excitement, nothing ever happens! Who could it be? Daddy?

He hopped up and reached for the handle of the from door, opening it.

"Unc'a Pawl!" Julian screeched and hugged his favorite uncle tightly.

"Hey Jules!" Paul chuckled, hugging him back. "How are you??"

"M' Okay" Julian grinned a toothy grin. "Mum isnt"

"Huh? Where's yer mum, Jules?" Paul set the boy down.

"She's upsteirs" Julian pointed.

Paul softly walked up the stairs, he heard faint crying.

He squeezed his eyes shut. Oh dear..

In a room, Cynthia Lennon was on her knees, there were black and white photographs laid out on the floor, and she was sobbing into her hands.

"Cyn?" Paul called out softly.

"Paul!" Cynthia wiped her face roughly, pretending she wasn't crying. Though, her smeared mascara would beg to differ.

"Sorry sorry, I didn't know you would be here.." She quickly gathered all the photographs. And Paul suddenly saw what they were.

They were older ones, couldn't be more than 7 years old.

There were pictures of the band in their leather, old band photos taken by Astrid. Some had Cyn in it.

"Oh Cyn.." Paul took hold of her hands and planted a kiss on her forehead. More tears fell from Cynthia's face.

"Why are ya lookin' at these old things? Plain embarrassing" Paul chuckled, trying to lighten the mood.