And then there were 5

I'm in the car on my way to Riley's house for her birthday. She invited me, Missy, Dave, Charlie and Ethan.

I can't believe I told Dave that I like Lucas. I wasn't suppose to tell anyone. I really want to know if he told anyone.

~~~

I knock on the door and Riley opens it.

"Peaches!" She hold her arms out.

"Riles." I smiled as I held my arms out too.

She hugs me, and then we walk inside. Ethan and Missy were already there, so we were waiting for Dave and Charlie.

We sit down around the table in the living room. As Riley sets up a board game, we hear a knock on the door.

I look through the door and see Dave. This is the perfect chance to ask if he told anyone. No one is around.

"I'll get it," I say.

I open the door. I

"Did u te-" I stop. I see Charlie approaching from behind Dave.

"Hey," says Charlie.

"What were you gonna ask me?" Asks Dave.

I look over at Charlie and then back at Dave.

"Nothing. I don't remember," I lie.

We walk back to the table in the living room and see that Riley set up 'Pictionary.'

It's a partner game. You have to try to guess what you partner is trying to draw, before time runs out.

"I'll be Charlie's partner." Says Missy.

"Ok I got Maya," says Riley.

"I guess that means I'm with Dave," says Ethan.

I sit down between Riley and Dave. I have to know if Dave told anyone. I look on the table and see a sketch pad. I quickly grab it.

'Did you tell anyone?' I write down.

I hand it to Dave.

He look at it and grabs a pencil. He writes something down and then hands it to me.

I read it: 'if you're trying to ask if I told anyone who you like, the answer is no.'

I smile.

'Thankyou,' I write.

A few seconds later he hands the sketch pad back to me.

'I can't even remember his name. It started with an L, right?' I read.

I probably shouldn't wrote his name down, because someone will see it. And then I remember that no one even knows him, so it's ok.

'Lucas... his name is Lucas,' I write.

He reads it, writes something down, and then gives it back to me.

'Why would you write that? There going to see it,' he writes and then gives it to me.

'*They're*' I write.

~~~
After the game, Riley says that it's time for the Cake.

Can you guys pass me the sketch pad so I can put it back in the box?" Says Riley.

"Yeah," I say. I quickly rip out the page that Dave and I were writing on, and give the sketch pad to Riley. She walks up stairs to put the game away.

"What's that?" Says Charlie.

"Nothing. It's nothing."

He takes it out of my hand and looks at it.

"Just give it back it's none of your business," I beg.

"Lucas? You like someone named Lucas," He gasps "OH! Lucas Friar!"

"You can't tell anyone. Please. Especially Jake."

Jake can't know. Jake used to talk to Lucas all the time. I don't know if he still does, but if he finds out that I like Lucas, he'll tell him. And then my sister will find out to, because Lucas would mention it to her.

It was at that moment when I realized that I should have just denied it. He didn't know of it was Lucas Friar or not. Now Dave, Charlie, and everyone else that was in the room knows.

"I won't tell anyone, trust me," he says.

I don't trust him. He never keeps a secret. He's gonna tell Jake and then Lucas will know.

~~~

I am sleeping over Riley's house. I lay on Riley's bedroom floor with my blankets, as she lays on her bed.

I decide that I have to tell her that I like Lucas. I've kept this secret for four years without telling anyone. And now basically everyone knows except for her.

"Did you hear what happened earlier while you were putting the game away?"

"No, what happened?" She asks.

"Charlie found out who I like, and now Dave, Charlie, Missy and Ethan know." I say.

"I'm gonna tell you who it is because you're my best friend and now a bunch of people know, so I might as well tell you," I say.

"Ok." She says.

"It's Lucas. Lucas Friar. The one that's friends with Sarah and Darby. I know he's two years older than me. That's why I don't want anyone to know. He can't find out."

"Two years isn't that much," she says.

"It is when your kids," I say.

"13 and 15 doesn't sound that bad," she says.

Actually it's 13 and 16. He's one of the older people in his class. His birthday is in August. He isn't three years older than me, though. He was born in August of 1999 and I was born in January of 2002. Which means I was almost born in 2001. He's only like two and a half years older. I'm almost 14 so soon it will be 14 and 16. And I think Riley is right. That doesn't sound too bad.

I'm just really worried that everyone is going to find out. It makes me really nervous knowing that there is a good chance of Jake finding out. And once Jake knows, Lucas knows.

•••

I hope that wasn't as bad as I thought it was. Sorry if there are any typos, I was rushing. I might update again today because I have a short yet important chapter that's coming next. I could have written it into this one, but I'm lazy😂.

I hope you liked it. I have plans for this book so don't stop reading. Don't forget to vote, follow, comment and stuff❤️.

Instagram: @officiallucaya